1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Flaw with emergencies in Team Games

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Multiplayer' started by pokiehl, Feb 18, 2018.

1. pokiehl

pokiehl Chieftain

I play online multiplayer with my friend and we always do teams. We have discovered that in a team game, the "join" prompt for an emergency only triggers for the host. That's well and fine, but the spoils of an emergency only go to the host too! So the +1 gold from envoys bonus you get for liberating the city state in that type of emergency, plus the pot of gold, only goes to the host. You can split the gold pot in a deal but there's not much to do with the game mechanic bonus...

2. Civrinn

Civrinn Chieftain

Emergencies are a little funky in general. I absolutely love the concept! However the execution goes a bit sour. For example:
    • If you get an emergency that requires warring another Civ. The game gives you a zero war mongering penalty. That matters because even after you "liberate a city state" you can continue warring the Civ and take all of their cities without the other Civs stepping in. If you want to get around the loyalty mechanic with this method, you can simply raze your opponents cities and settle your own cities as you are doing it. The only time you get a warmonger penalty doing this is if you take the Civs capital. All in all emergencies turn into "gimmes".
    • Also if an emergency occurs to liberate a city state, taking it even if you are across the globe is worth it. The majority of the time the Civs can't actually hold the city state so it "rebels". As soon as it rebels the computer interprets that as you completing your "victory condition". Hey look free money!
    • Also the amount of money they award for this is a bit insane. I have had a few emergencies (liberate a city state) early on where I get thousands of gold as a freebie. That gold gets funneled into settlers so free early on cities.
    All in all they need some work. To be fair I only play King level, so maybe its a bit better on higher difficulties?

stealth_nsk likes this.
  3. frutiemax

frutiemax Chieftain

Well, I can assure you that if you play vs. humans in multiplayer, it is better to ignore the emergency unless you think you have a chance to complete it. I had a game where I was ahead and captured a city state. Two civs teamed up against me but they had no army whatsoever. By the end I got a free 1200 gold pot as they failed to get back the city state, and one of the two civs lost its capital. After that they resigned and quit. Civilization with king AI means nothing, you need to play at immortal or higher to get a bit of challenge.

4. Turrdy

Turrdy Chieftain

i think they fixed that. we had one pop up last time (it was last sunday) and the emergency worked fine with MP teams.