"Flex" CoL draft: Election term period

How long should an election term last?

• From the first Monday to the last Sunday of a month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other write-in suggestion (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blkbird

King
One of the disputed issues in the new "Flexible" Code of Law currently being drafted is regarding the specification of election term period. Please give us your opinion on this issue.

The poll is informational (non-binding), public and will be open for 3 days.

Terms should last an entire calendar month. This is one area where I am not very open to change.

In all actuality, an amendment discussion to correct this oversight was underway when the "great unthinkable" was announced. As you will see, the tradition of calendar based (aka monthly) terms is so ingrained in our structure that all present were willing to use the oversight clause to immediately accept it as law.

Once a vote is taken here, you will see that our nation will have further confirmed the mindset of those present.

Full calendar month, excepting the first term.

-- Ravensfire

ravensfire said:
Full calendar month, excepting the first term.

-- Ravensfire

This first term is going a full month. We just happened to have a bit of business to take care of at the outset.

I only say this so that no one gets the wrong idea, and thinks it would be okay to push for the delay of a term cycle should we ever experience something similar mid-game. As far as I am concerned, this term started on the 1st and shall be a full term. The validity of our Judiciary during this crisis will stand as proof of this fact.

Completely agree, DZ. This is the first term. Just in case we decide to use this again for the next DG, why not get it right from the start ...

-- Ravensfire

Is there a set number of turns that will happen in a month? I would hate to see one government take 40 turns in month and another take 80? There would have to be some way to equalize it. I dont believe I've seen this addressed in any of our founding documents.

TSteamer said:
Is there a set number of turns that will happen in a month? I would hate to see one government take 40 turns in month and another take 80? There would have to be some way to equalize it. I dont believe I've seen this addressed in any of our founding documents.

We have handled this in the past by setting a minimum days between play sessions to 3, and maximum to 7. This results in between 40 and 80 turns scheduled, however it is not generally possible to nail down an exact number of turns because of stop conditions for someone declaring war on us, a lucrative trade comes available, etc.

DaveShack said:
We have handled this in the past by setting a minimum days between play sessions to 3, and maximum to 7. This results in between 40 and 80 turns scheduled, however it is not generally possible to nail down an exact number of turns because of stop conditions for someone declaring war on us, a lucrative trade comes available, etc.

I guess thats the benefit of leading a goverment that is more effiecient--you get to have more turns! :goodjob:

Top Bottom