1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

"Flex" CoL draft: Election term period

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game: Polls' started by Blkbird, Jan 15, 2006.

?

How long should an election term last?

Poll closed Jan 18, 2006.
  1. From the first to the last day of a month

73.3%
  2. From the first Monday to the last Sunday of a month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Exactly four (4) weeks

13.3%
  4. Exactly X turns (please specify X, e. g. 60)

6.7%
  5. Other write-in suggestion (please specify)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Abstain

6.7%
  1. Blkbird

Blkbird Chieftain

One of the disputed issues in the new "Flexible" Code of Law currently being drafted is regarding the specification of election term period. Please give us your opinion on this issue.

The poll is informational (non-binding), public and will be open for 3 days.

2. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Terms should last an entire calendar month. This is one area where I am not very open to change.

In all actuality, an amendment discussion to correct this oversight was underway when the "great unthinkable" was announced. As you will see, the tradition of calendar based (aka monthly) terms is so ingrained in our structure that all present were willing to use the oversight clause to immediately accept it as law.

Once a vote is taken here, you will see that our nation will have further confirmed the mindset of those present.

3. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

One month. It doesn't matter when a term begins, however.

4. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

Full calendar month, excepting the first term.

-- Ravensfire

5. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

This first term is going a full month. We just happened to have a bit of business to take care of at the outset.

I only say this so that no one gets the wrong idea, and thinks it would be okay to push for the delay of a term cycle should we ever experience something similar mid-game. As far as I am concerned, this term started on the 1st and shall be a full term. The validity of our Judiciary during this crisis will stand as proof of this fact.

6. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

Completely agree, DZ. This is the first term. Just in case we decide to use this again for the next DG, why not get it right from the start ...

-- Ravensfire

7. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

I just gotta go with the monthly timing we use as it is, for simplicity's sake.

8. Illini Rule

Illini Rule Chieftain

A term should be 25 turns

9. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

term should just be the usual one month

10. TSteamer

TSteamer Addicted

Is there a set number of turns that will happen in a month? I would hate to see one government take 40 turns in month and another take 80? There would have to be some way to equalize it. I dont believe I've seen this addressed in any of our founding documents.

11. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

We have handled this in the past by setting a minimum days between play sessions to 3, and maximum to 7. This results in between 40 and 80 turns scheduled, however it is not generally possible to nail down an exact number of turns because of stop conditions for someone declaring war on us, a lucrative trade comes available, etc.

12. TSteamer

TSteamer Addicted

I guess thats the benefit of leading a goverment that is more effiecient--you get to have more turns! :goodjob: