Flexible difficulty

Darken24

Chieftain
i was playing RiFE the other day with flexible difficulty on and noticed they had this nice helpfull thing right above the scoreboard showing the current difficulty level they have that for increasing difficulty as well they also have a thing for the high to low option showing how many more time you are going to be booted down to the bottom team and one for the cut the lowest player option showing when the next persons going to be kicked
figure this would be a nice addon to put in
heres some screenshots (obviously they don't have the cut lowest player thing working quite right though)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 139
  • Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 114
  • Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 98
Currently, you can view your difficulty level if you hover over your own name. This is to save space (the scoreboard uses a lot of room, adding another line...ugh).

Also, in the GlobalAltDefines.xml, you can adjust how often Flexible Difficulty is checked, the minimum difficulty and maximum difficulty. (E.g, you don't want to go below Noble, or above Immortal).

Isn't that Blue Marble? If so, it's part of the custom install.

it's whatever graphics Rise from Erebus uses for the mechanos faction on highest graphic quality

Also, in the GlobalAltDefines.xml, you can adjust how often Flexible Difficulty is checked, the minimum difficulty and maximum difficulty. (E.g, you don't want to go below Noble, or above Immortal).

I was actually meaning to ask this (hence why i found there is new versions out woopie!) Cause I am not a great player, but later in the game noble gets to be too easy (but at FD's current state, the game would get way too hard too fast)
I'd love to raise how many turns it is before they change difficulty and the max difficulty, but i can seem to find GlobalAltDefines.xml with the search function on the RoM Folder.

Also what lines would I change? Is it obvious?

I was actually meaning to ask this (hence why i found there is new versions out woopie!) Cause I am not a great player, but later in the game noble gets to be too easy (but at FD's current state, the game would get way too hard too fast)
I'd love to raise how many turns it is before they change difficulty and the max difficulty, but i can seem to find GlobalAltDefines.xml with the search function on the RoM Folder.

Also what lines would I change? Is it obvious?

Global Alt Defines is in the Rise of Mankind/Assets/XML folder. My additions are in the bottom half of the file.I tried to explain things the best I could:

Code:
<!--Afforess:
	Every X turns the game checks the Flexible Difficulty Option-->
	<Define>
		<DefineName>FLEXIBLE_DIFFICULTY_TURN_CHECK_INCREMENTS</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>50</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>
	<!-- 0 is Settler, add 1 for each higher difficulty. -1 indicates no minimum difficulty -->
	<Define>
		<DefineName>FLEXIBLE_DIFFICULTY_MINIMUM_DIFFICULTY</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>-1</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>
	<!-- 0 is Settler, add 1 for each higher difficulty. -1 indicates no maximum difficulty -->
	<Define>
		<DefineName>FLEXIBLE_DIFFICULTY_MAXIMUM_DIFFICULTY</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>-1</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>

Changing stuff in the Global Alt Defines does not affect save compatibility, and will take effect immediately. There are a lot of hidden nuggets in the Global Alt Defines, all players should look at it at least once.

Awesome thanks! I've been wanting to change the settings for a while. I had tried the mod once, but after it increased difficulty twice and I saw EVERY civilization had a .05 power ratio to me (their military was WAY stronger than mine) I knew I wouldn't be able to continue playing :lol:

There are a lot of hidden nuggets in the Global Alt Defines, all players should look at it at least once.

Hiding Obsolete Buildings, for example :mischief:? I love that option :D.

Top Bottom