Flintlock patch's perfume values

Predator145

Warlord
Flintlock's perfume ability opens up so many doors to having the AI prioritize improvements and train different types of units.

We know that by having the right stats and thus values could have the AI build a mix of different units of the same strategy flags (like it does with "light tanks" (8/3/3) and "combat engineer" (11/6/1) in the WW2 pacific scenario). Before Flintlock's perfume patch, there were organic ways to perfume a unit such as giving land units inconsequent flags like "stealth ability, lethal land/sea bombard, airdrop without operational range, stealth attack vs dummy targets).

Some abilities like "all the terrain as roads" or "detect invisible" are worth so much that when checked the AI will build nothing but these regardless of unit stats. When I gave explorers the defense AI strat in the hope of seeing them pillage the AI ended up fortifying their cities with a lot of them. It was a failure.

Negative/positive perfume could help with that. The question is? How much are the flags and abilities in the editor worth in perfume points? Only time consuming trial and error will discover that.

So if you've been experimenting, please share your knowledge here.

Predator145

Warlord
I've found out through debug testing that by adding "Lethal Land Bombard"+"Lethal Sea Bombard"+"Stealth"+"Stealth Attack" with no targets and "Enslave" with no unit to the stock game horseman results in the AI building a mix of horsemen, swordsmen and longbows. Before it would never build horses if it had the other 2 available.

I've also found out that the stock game AI will continue building a small number of weaker offensive units even though a far superior one is available, contrary to the notion that the AI does not perform a cost to stats analysis. Low shield cities close to the front during war time have been observed to build longbows and immortals even though knights were available. The AI does perceive that it needs to get some units out ASAP.

Last edited:

justanick

Emperor
I've also found out that the stock game AI will continue building a small number of weaker offensive units even though a far superior one is available, contrary to the notion that the AI does not perform a cost to stats analysis. Low shield cities close to the front during war time have been observed to build longbows and immortals even though knights were available.

All 3 have an attack value of 4. This does not seem far superior.

It seems to me that in order to disprove the idea that the AI does not perform a cost to stats analysis one should prove that it builds longbows or immortals when cavalry is available.

Else it could be something like this: Compare attack. If same compare cost. If same compare defence...

Predator145

Warlord
All 3 have an attack value of 4. This does not seem far superior.

It seems to me that in order to disprove the idea that the AI does not perform a cost to stats analysis one should prove that it builds longbows or immortals when cavalry is available.

Else it could be something like this: Compare attack. If same compare cost. If same compare defence...

Unfortunately in the debug game I'm observing Cavalry itself got perfumed with the same settings as the Horseman in order for the AI to not stop building it as the main offensive unit once they get to Replaceable Parts. With that setting no more longbows were built. In that same game, the resourceless Greeks still build some longbows when they have rifles, which are flagged as offensive as well.

Ozymandias

Archivist of C3C Game Info and Assets
Supporter
Flintlock's perfume ability opens up so many doors to having the AI prioritize improvements and train different types of units.

We know that by having the right stats and thus values could have the AI build a mix of different units of the same strategy flags (like it does with "light tanks" (8/3/3) and "combat engineer" (11/6/1) in the WW2 pacific scenario). Before Flintlock's perfume patch, there were organic ways to perfume a unit such as giving land units inconsequent flags like "stealth ability, lethal land/sea bombard, airdrop without operational range, stealth attack vs dummy targets).

Some abilities like "all the terrain as roads" or "detect invisible" are worth so much that when checked the AI will build nothing but these regardless of unit stats. When I gave explorers the defense AI strat in the hope of seeing them pillage the AI ended up fortifying their cities with a lot of them. It was a failure.

Negative/positive perfume could help with that. The question is? How much are the flags and abilities in the editor worth in perfume points? Only time consuming trial and error will discover that.

So if you've been experimenting, please share your knowledge here.
:cooool: You can start with: "The BIG Q Continued - AI Flag Choices For Building Unit" and Post #4 in, "An Intro To & An Encyclopedia Of Modding." Of further note is that the AI grossly undervalues the "Blitz" Flag; I recommend throwing something else in, to help the AI along.

Top Bottom