Flipped Swazi, Crowded Kitakinu

TimBentley

Deity

As you can see from the above picture, Swazi has flipped. It currently is producing workers; however, I believe it eventually should be abandoned (not necessarily immediately) to give room to the other nearby cities. In the meantime, it provides a workforce and a little bit of gold.

Produce a couple more workers (maybe just one more), and then abandon it. We don't want it flipping back to the Zulus, and it increases corruption. There is no need for it.

I agree. Swazi adds nothing to our nation, only detracts from it. Have it pump workers for all it's worth, then abandon it.

Abandon it, AFTER we get 2 Zulu workers from here. i.e. let's let it grow 1 after we get our first worker here.

Too bad we can't build anything with only 10 Shields. Or even 20 with Cannons in play. (If we had Nav, though...)

BTW, any preferences as to where these Workers would go, Governor?

Just a note, if the city is abandoned with at least 50% foreign citizens, even when abandoning by building a worker, we hurt other civilization's attitudes (especially Zulu). No, I don't really have any preferences where those workers would go.

Its good to hear that our culture is good and strong :).

I would just abandon the city since its just a deadbeat city anyway.

We should try trading Swazi for some tech or gold then have it culture flip back it us!

blackheart said:
We should try trading Swazi for some tech or gold then have it culture flip back it us!
Personaly I dont think we should do this. Since it would have more troubles than benifits.
1. The city will always constanly flips to us
2. It will leave a hole in our empire once again

The AI doesn't trade cities for anything. The only time you can 'trade for them' is in a peace deal if you aren't giving anything for peace. (The AI will accept peace for peace and city A, but not peace and Feudalism for peace and city A). So, we can't trade Swazi. Sorry. But we *can* abandon it. :D ;)

We should just abandon the city and use whatever we can salvage out of it into other cities (I think abandoned cities create a settler or 2 workers, though I am not 100% sure on this since I never have to abandon cities0

CivGeneral said:
We should just abandon the city and use whatever we can salvage out of it into other cities (I think abandoned cities create a settler or 2 workers, though I am not 100% sure on this since I never have to abandon cities0

No, you only get workers from abandoned cities if you raze them when you capture them from an enemy via force and not via culture.

Root out Swazism, the Swazis and the Swazitika and level Swazi. I never liked their actor Patrick Swazi, I never liked their Governor Swazi-negger, and Swazi is a quasi town with no future. So remove Zwazi from the face of this Earth. :)

Nobody, Godfather talk ****if you don't behave, you got to sleep with the fishes****

I'll poll this tonight. If there are any additional options besides the ones listed below, speak soon or be forced to vote other.
  • Abandon immediately
  • Abandon after completing worker in production
  • Build two workers, abandoning when building the second
  • Continue to build workers until X workers are produced, then abandon (specify X)
  • Continue to build workers until Zulu citizen is assimilated, then abandon
  • Alternate building workers and something else (eg cannons) until X workers are produced, then abandon
  • Alternate building workers and something else until Zulu citizen is assimilated, then abandon
  • Produce X workers, then allow city to reach population 3 and abandon
  • Give city away
  • Keep city
  • Other
  • Abstain
Note that producing only workers would require use of a grassland (which another city might want to use), while alternation of production could just use what other cities don't want (currently jungle silks). Also note that waiting for assimilation and waiting for population 3 are the only ways to avoid harming other civs' (especially Zulu) attitude toward us.

One more comment: the assimilation chance in monarchy is 2% per turn.

Edit: Okay, I have another comment. If a worker is produced and there is a native citizen, the native citizen will become a worker. This means it is impossible to remove the Zulus from Swazi just by building workers.

Didn't we already have a poll on this city a long time ago?

Top Bottom