Flood Plains GS

Hajee

Prince
I am confused now,

So in GS there will be alot more flood Plains, and they will be on plains grasslands etc. So Can i build distracts on flood plains now, and does Egypt get a rework, and what is that rework.

Or I can not build districts on flood plains unless I am Egypt as it is now.

I ask because I love playing as the Khmer, and their thing is building Holy Sites on Rivers, but if flood plains are every where this really limits Khmer play.

Thank You for any answer

There are a lot more flood plains and only Egypt can build districts on them still. But that doesn't mean that all river tiles are floodplain. You may end up building your holy sites on hills.

There are a lot more flood plains and only Egypt can build districts on them still. But that doesn't mean that all river tiles are floodplain. You may end up building your holy sites on hills.

Well I guess time to mod in the Egypt trait to all civs now

You guys are way overestimating the amount of flood plains. It went up, but it sure isn't more than 50% probably. And it runs in stretches, on and off.

You guys are way overestimating the amount of flood plains. It went up, but it sure isn't more than 50% probably. And it runs in stretches, on and off.

Not really. I prefer to settle on rivers only (atleast most of the time) and build all districts around the city center. So being forced to play in a different way is kinda of annoying

@Eagle Pursuit is right— flood plains aren’t terribly prevalent in the game now, and even watching the preview videos, the GS increase isn’t too much more. You will have plenty of space to build your river cities— you will just have to be more strategic about it.

@Eagle Pursuit is right— flood plains aren’t terribly prevalent in the game now, and even watching the preview videos, the GS increase isn’t too much more. You will have plenty of space to build your river cities— you will just have to be more strategic about it.

Would rather just mod in the districts to be able to be built on flood plains. it is kinda restrictive game play and silly rule. even with 1/3 of titles being flood plains mean 1/3 of map is blocked from building on

I remember hearing Ed say in one of the live streams that there have to be 5 or more flat land tiles w/o features along a river for there to be a "chance" (?) of flood plains appearing

There are a lot more flood plains and only Egypt can build districts on them still.

This is simply false. Egypt's floodplain bonus has been changed to "Does not receive damage from floods":

And here's an arbitrary example of a non-Egyptian civ placing a holy site (part 4 of Quill18's Canada game at 21:50). The tiles with the river icon are floodplains:

upload_2019-2-12_3-55-41.png

This is simply false. Egypt's floodplain bonus has been changed to "Does not receive damage from floods":

And here's an arbitrary example of a non-Egyptian civ placing a holy site (part 4 of Quill18's Canada game at 21:50). The tiles with the river icon are floodplains:

View attachment 517477

I actually think this is a pretty good buff for Egypt (if a bit plain). Basically, you can play Egypt like you did in Vanilla by building by rivers and just ignore flood risks. Hungary, in comparison, can also settle and build besides rivers but then has to manage the flood risks.

Pity the Sphinx didn’t get more love though...

If there were tons of floodplains on which districts couldn't be placed than the whole Hungarian UA would be pointless. If you watched the stream last night you could have seen that cities can still be build on rivers and function just fine.

[...]

This is good to hear. Not only does it take the unnecessary restriction away from the rest of us, it's a good reference to the Egyptian nilometers they used to predict the level of flooding they would receive.

Glad to confirm they removed the district restriction. I always assumed that anyway since they showed districts getting damaged by floods which wouldn't be possible unless you built them there..

Top Bottom