1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Floodplains not working on my map

Discussion in 'Yet (not) Another Maps Pack' started by _ViKinG_, Oct 24, 2019.

1. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ BERSERKER

I made a map in worldbuilder, with TSL and a sub mod to Yet not another maps pack mod. but floodplains is not working in game after i add it. And cannot build dam. Any one can help me with that?

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

which setting are you using for "rivers flooding" on the setup screen ?

AFAIK there is no way for a mod to set specific floodplains manually yet, so you have to use the map generator option that will use random placement.

3. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ BERSERKER

Okey, did not know that. hm i dont see any option for rivers flooding. or its called something else?

4. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Sorry, I thought the option was available in YnABMC when exporting, it's not, so add this in the <Parameters> section of your map's confix.xml, changing "YourMapName" to yours:
    Code:
            <Replace Key1="Map" Key2="YourMapName.lua"             ParameterId="FloodPlainsPlacement" Name="LOC_MAP_FLOODPLAINS_PLACEMENT_NAME"     Description="LOC_MAP_FLOODPLAINS_PLACEMENT_DESCRIPTION" Domain="FloodPlainsPlacement"     DefaultValue="PLACEMENT_DEFAULT" ConfigurationGroup="Map" ConfigurationId="FloodPlainsPlacement"     GroupId="MapOptions" Hash="0" SortIndex="260"/>

5. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ BERSERKER

Okey thanks alot. Will try it out later:)

6. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ BERSERKER

I got the option in the menu now. tried a game as an observer over 50 turns. did not se any flooding. i choosed river flooding: map generated. Do i need to remove the floodplains i manually put on the map from before?

7. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

use the settler lenses to see if rivers are floodable

8. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ BERSERKER

Its working now. Thanks