Flying Greek Archers? What the...

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Optional, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Optional

Optional Deity

Yesterday I played a turnset in the Succession Game Eldar08: Gridlocked, as the Americans, when I saw something I couldn't believe at first.
    I had just opened the save, made some adjustments, then pressed the space bar, then... what's that? What's that with that Greek Archer? I had to reload the save and see that again.
    I've seen it a couple of times since, by reloading the same save. There are actually two Greek Archers involved. It's not exactly flying what they do, but I don't know how else to describe it. I was thinking at first they probably got booted back to their own land, but that can't be it, because it's well in their own territory.
    Can somebody explain what's going on here? Otherwise, get the guys in white for me!

Here's the save. just press the space bar. You should see the same thing as I did.

2. darski

darski Regent in Training

I didn't see anything. it went straight to Yankee settlers. I'll try it again later.

3. Delphi456

Delphi456 Prince

I had a look at your sav. This happened to me once before too. For some reason the IBT gets set to "fast-forward" and everything moves really fast. I can't remember how I fixed it. Very annoying.

4. aluka

aluka Warlord

I think that happens if you have capslock on or are holding down shift. I haven't looked at the save though so I don't know if that is the case here.

5. Optional

Optional Deity

I figured it out. You put me on the right track. The preference setting 'animate friend moves' was off, so you see a fast movement, instead of an animation. As I said, this was a Succession Game, so I took over somebody else's game, and somebody else's preference settings. I never put it here myself; that explains my surprise.