FNN - Fanatican News Network

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
Well, now that I've been dragged back in here by Thunderfall, kicking and screaming (I think someone's trying to make me go crazy! :mischief: :conspire:), it's time for the FNN news reports. That means, more weekly front page coverage, as well as a mirror thread, here.

The Fanatican News Network (FNN) Returns!

After a nearly two demogame-long hiatus, FNN returns to bring you weekly updates on the status of the Civ3 Demogame. The demogame news thread can be viewed in the citizens thread of the Civ3 Demogame. The news will cover atleast 3 topics in the demogame each week, and even provide demogame election coverage, and "Citizen's Pulse" polls if there are any (like a gallup poll).

The Fighting French!

Demogame IV has just wrapped up at the end of May, with a conquest victory as the French. The starting location wasn't pristense - desert and jungle. Atleast the start had floodplains, hills, and wheat. The origanal goal was 20K culture, but once the starting location was known (half desert, half jungle), a debate was held on what we should do next. Chieftess, the military advisor in term 4, spurred the poplace on towards a goal of conquering the continent. Many Camel Knights (That's all you get when you're stuck in the desert!) were created, and were prepared to upgrade to cavalry when the Russians attacked. A newly upgraded Muskteer barely defended the city of Sanction, and brought on our Golden Age. Production soared, and nations fell one by one. The bloodlust of the populace was brought out, and soon went on to conquer the Greeks, Egyptians, English, and finally, the Aztec-Zulu-Persian continent.

Discussion for DG5 is underway!

The populace is ready for yet another round, and there is already popular support for the Japanese. The Iroquois are currently a distant second. Much of the discussion is in the citizen thread, and include possible variants for DG5, as well as the ruleset for the next game.

Civ3 Demogame

Great work, Chieftess. Certainly a better job of reporting than I ever mustered in my year as mod. However, a couple concerns:

1. It's a shame that only one citizen in our DG4 history was noteworthy enough to make the front page, especially considering its author.

2. IIRC, there was some kicking and screaming done in the "Three Strikes, I'm Outta Here" thread during your 1-day hiatus(the shortest of your last three....for some reason). :mischief: What happened to that thread anyway??

3. FYI, linking to the DG4 sign-up thread may be confusing, as everyone will have to re-up when DG5 starts.

Anyways, great job on bringing back the newspaper, and hope you have the time to keep it current. I think that this could help the DemoGame immensely. :)

Nope, no conspiracy here. :mischief: I was going to add in Furiey, too (didn't have time - I'll edit it now). Besides, I didn't want to make it TOO long.

I made a simplified physical map of the Central, Greco-Egyptian, and English continents. I still need to do Perso-America, though. :p

Top Bottom