Fog of War

civhawaii

Chieftain
I've looked all over for a way to turn fog of war off. Is there an easy way to do this?

I find I spend a lot of time walking around to check out my resources and surroundings before I decide if I'm going to play the map or not (yeah i know its kinda cheating)

alt + w opens the world builder, but, rather than look for a 'good' map to play, why not just drop the difficulty and play the hand your dealt?

pholkhero said:
alt + w opens the world builder, but, rather than look for a 'good' map to play, why not just drop the difficulty and play the hand your dealt?

I dunno, I like the challenge of playing against a harder opponent, but I also want to be able to have the resources to take them on.

I had a problem with my computer where it couldn't have the fog of war on without messing up the game. So I used the following, posted by "Merm" on another thread:

open up Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Technologies\CIV4TechInfos.xml

and do a replace all changing <bMapVisible>0</bMapVisible> to <bMapVisible>1</bMapVisible>.

now everyone starts with the map revealed. terrain is fine, although the oceans look a little funny for me. you still need to explore to find goody huts and your opponents, but unfortunately the terrain types and resource locations are revealed. but you are at least on equal footing with the ai since they will see everything too.

worked for me!

Top Bottom