Follow the leader.

gozpel

Couch-potato (fortified)
I played Greece and I fought many hard and long battles throwing my numerous brave l337 troops at the foes, but not one leader was born through the millennia...not by me that is, but the enemies got more than a fair share.
Jealously watching their leaders running to safety after a fight and I never got even one, the wish for a way to capture foreign leaders came to mind. A couple of times a was close enough to stare the enemy leader in the face and then only watch him die as I attacked...kinda sad. Sour grapes, exactly as the face of Alexander when he's furious :)

Oh yeah!!! That would be sooooooooo cool if you could capture enemy leaders. That's weird though, out of 1337 units you never got a single leader?

:confused:

LOL! But yep, kiddie style or not...l337 or Elite, I had more than 50 fights for sure and close to a hundred I guess...only with elite troops!
So something went very wrong in this game, which I finally lost btw.
But still, it would be great to capture enemy leaders and build your own armies or wonders :)

Some games I get leaders now and then... other games I never get any.

But I think capturing leaders would be quite illogical. These leaders are supposed to be great people leading their troops in some battle, and they would never let themselves be used by the enemy!

Originally posted by alver
But I think capturing leaders would be quite illogical. These leaders are supposed to be great people leading their troops in some battle, and they would never let themselves be used by the enemy!

I second that! It is rather silly. If you kill a great leader, that should be the best you aim for, they won't come and fight for you. I fought and destroyed 5 civs and no battle gave me a great leader (I'm persians therefore not militaristic), but the 6th civ i destroyed did give me a great leader, 2 in fact, so i was happy.

Hmm, maybe a foreign leader could be used for some devious blackmailing...like gimme 400 gold or that city, and I send him your way, or to the gallows he go :)

I agree that capturing the leaders wouldn't make sense. But I like the idea of some kind of reward other than killing him. Maybe a 100 gold award like a goody hut.

The reward is killing him - youve stopped the other player building an army or a wonder. Anyhow 100 gold is small change by the time your getting leaders

Originally posted by gozpel
Hmm, maybe a foreign leader could be used for some devious blackmailing...like gimme 400 gold or that city, and I send him your way, or to the gallows he go :)

That's a nice thought! But it would take a quite big ransom to persuade me to return a leader to my opponent.. leaders are very valuable...

The leader scarcity makes all those threads and posts about who should be on the list absurd.

Top Bottom