Font Error (Code 28)

Mithadan

Wandering Woodsman
I lost my Vanilla and CTP install disks (thankfully my Conquest disk has always been safe and sound in my CD drive), and so I bought Civ 3 Complete for 5 bucks and installed it on my 'new' (2nd hand) laptop.

Then I copied and pasted my entire Civilization III file folder over to the new install location and let it overwrite all the files, so that I could be right back to where I always was with Conquests... But although the game wanted to read my C3C disk on startup (yay), I got this "Font Error (Error Code: 28)" message. Anybody know what that is and how to fix it? Otherwise I guess I just play with that ugly "C3 Complete" startup page.

Attachments

• Font Error (Code 28).jpg
    Font Error (Code 28).jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 219
Awesome, thanks! I didn't even realize there was a place for this kind of troubleshooting. Sorry to be a newb after all these years! :)

Looks like you, me, and AI programmer Soren Johnson all reinstalled Civ3 this week. Coincidence?

WildWeazel, how do you know about Soren Johnson - and thank you very much for the hint with the multiplayer-tool.:)

He mentioned on twitter that he was going to stream a game on twitch but unfortunately it didn't work out. Would have been fun to see a developer play after all these years.

Thank you very much for the link. :)
SorenJohnson: "Going to have to stick with Civ4...": :lol:

Looks like you, me, and AI programmer Soren Johnson all reinstalled Civ3 this week. Coincidence?
Ooooh, something mysterious must be underfoot. ;)

Top Bottom