Font Size in PTW

Phantom Lord

live by the sword
In Civ 3 is was possible to change the font size in popups using the MainFontSize=... entry in civilization3.ini. I personally find font size 12 much more appealing than the default size 16, because long entries don't get cut.

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to change the font size in PTW. I tried entering the MainFontSize parameter into the PTW.ini but didn't get a result.

Any suggestions / tips?

Yes, please, somebody help this man who listens to Perfect ! :)

(and you'll be helping me as well..... font problem that is....)
BTW, is there any way to set the map size for Huge map other than the default 160x160 ? Some .ini tweak ? Yes, I know I could make a scenario, but I want the random maps to be bigger....

thx

I've also had trouble with the PTW font, especially on the diplomacy screens. The graphics fit my screen fine, but the text seems too large - I can't access some of the options at the bottom of the screen (cancelling right of passages, for example). Any help?

Originally posted by RV2220
I've also had trouble with the PTW font, especially on the diplomacy screens. The graphics fit my screen fine, but the text seems too large - I can't access some of the options at the bottom of the screen (cancelling right of passages, for example). Any help?
Do you have large fonts selected in (Windows) Display Properties - Appeance tab?

Just a thought.

Ted

In my case, its not the Lucinds fonts, even though I had that problem (text outside boxes etc) some time ago.

No, I just want smaller fonts, say 12pt instead of the default 16pt, and have changed this fine in plain Civ3, in the ini file.
But no such setting for the PWT, it seems.... ?

I deleted the Lucinda font, but it wouldn't let me delete all the Lucinda options. I tried everything I could think of on Windows, but without success. Perhaps I'll try reloading PTW or switch from Win ME to XP.

Hi to everyone

Hodepute: to change the size from 160x160 to 362x362 or smaller you must use the PTW editor. I have the spanish version, so I unknow the english names for the menus, but try as follow:

Select the Civ3-PTW editor, nor the Civ3 editor (the maximum size here is 256x256). Now, select the menu on the left of the one called help (I think it is called "preferences"). Select "Default Rules". A warning message will appear. Now select the edition menu, go to "map" option, e voila!!!: here you can change the size of the map and the number of players for it from 4 to 32, I think.

Now, select scenario rules in preferences menu (the one on the left of the help menu), and change the number of players (from 4 to 32!!!). Generate a random map, and SAVE THE SCENARIO IN *.BIC FORMAT to preserve rules. (In spanish PTW version, if you select "save as" BIC format is not present, but it is allowed anyway).

Finally, select the scenario to play it. You can change other rules also (units, civs...). You know, spanish version of PTW has LOTS of bugs (Conquistador, as an example, replace cavalry), that's why I have to play with editor.

Top Bottom