1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Food From Internal Trade Routes Not Being Recognised (Not a Bug)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Banners, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Banners

Banners Chieftain

My Capital (Delhi, playing as India) has stagnated on 42 food—40 from tiles and 2 from buildings. However, I also have 6 internal trade routes going to Delhi supposedly providing 12 food each, which aren't being recognised.

2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Please post a save file.

3. Banners

Banners Chieftain

Sure—is this right? Cheers.

food_2.jpg food_1.jpg

Attached Files:

4. Exodite

Exodite Chieftain

It's worth noting that trade routes provide the benefit to the city sending the trade route, not the destination city.

Try rerouting the trade route to be sent out from Delhi instead, that should work.

5. Banners

Banners Chieftain

Heh. That makes no sense (and is the opposite to Civ V I think?), but I guess that must be my misunderstanding rather than a bug. Thanks!

6. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Yes, the only trade route you have that originates in Delhi is the route from Delhi to Nidaros (Norway's capital), which provides production, science, culture, gold and faith, but no food.

You do have 6 internal trade routes running from other cities to Delhi, but the food benefits of those routes show up in the cities where those routes originate, not in Delhi (see, for example, Patna, which is getting +12 food from its trade route to Delhi, and that shows up in Patna's city detail - "+12 from Outgoing Trade Route").

You do have two unused trade route capacity, so I would suggest building two more trade units and having them run from Delhi to other cities, sending food back to Delhi, which will allow it to grow again.

Thread title revised to include "Not a Bug."

Banners likes this.