Football Manager 2007

I am officially addicted. Still playing as Maritimo, though only half season gone. Board announced "stay clear of relegation" as my goal. I am now at 4th place. :D

Has anybody noticed any effect on training affecting injuries? I adjusted lighter training and now my injury problems have gone. Goalkeepers seem to get injured often. My problem is that my second best goalie sucks. :(

Do you know what is fun? Beating Fredamonde(?) in Portuguese Cup 7-1. Who cares that it was 3rd division club? ;)

:bump:

I'm sort of waiting for the patch as it looked like I was going to seriously struggle in the premiership. Normally that would be fine however my last game on FM06 was with Norwich and they got relegated from the premiership in the second season as well and I cannot be bothered to follow the same path.

I probably would. I guess you wouldn't need to include too much detail on the match reports as there are generally only a few key moments and you would need to cover around 40 matches. I know that Willem did a championship manager AAR in the past as San Marino where he modded a load of CFCers into the game.

I've got this too...

So addictive, currently Liverpool in my second season and current Premiership champions and League Cup and FA Cup holders! :hatsoff: :crazyeye:

:bump:

Have any of you noticed a weird bug in patched FM? I play as Rennes. I sold Jimmy Briand for 15M€ to Valencia. I saved and exited. When I today loaded the save, the transfer fee was 30M€. I'm sure that the currency is right. Then I noticed that all the transfer fees are doubled, but the player-values are the same. So people have more money for transfers. It kinda ruins the game when there's a bug where you get 10M extra on transfer budget.

Did you patch? There was a transfer bug at one point that may have been fixed.

I went through 7 seasons with Derby, won the CL and then the next season the re-ranking and pressure of being a front runner collapsed my house of cards. :( I think I blew a gasket at every draw and needed a breather. Now I know how Mourihno feels.... :p

Yes, I patched. I downloaded the patch and ran the patch installer. The weird thing is that the bug has been only in this game.

7 seasons? Wow! In one club only! My record in one game is 3 seasons in Wigan, 2 seasons in Marseille, 1 season in Juventus and 1 season in Atletico Madrid until a bug crashed the game.

And once I played 4 season with Helsingborg, qualified to CL and won Milan at San Siro! But I was 3rd in the group...

Now the reason of the bug is revealed:

My game is downloaded, and the security of the game makes that bug. Nice work from SI Games. Well, it's 50€ here and I have the money. After all, you have to support such a good game.

Have a quite enjoyable Arsenal game going, a few seasons in now. Had some awkward times in this last season with Henry, Adebayor, Hleb, Ljungberg, Rosicky, Lahm, Batista, Toure and Gilberto all injured at the same time.

Got myself back into my old Celtic game after a long hiatus. Remembering what was going on was a bit of a challenge. Remembering that I was in a desperate struggle for some sort of striker before the end of the season was much worse...

I started up my first Rangers game just to see what it's like. not bad, I won the league in the first season (aparantly the game can't distinguish that 'Shebo' and Litizi aren't actually that good but there you go)

Unfortunately 3/4 way through the Season some Libyan businessman bought Celtic and made 90 million available for players......in the pre season they spent about 20 million of that on 2 players and have lined up more.... piss

For goodness sake, why couldn't someone have done that for me? :mad:

Actually, that said, I've been pretty careful with the pennies. Think I may go on a spending spree over the summer. Scotland and Boyd (;) ) can hold the front until then. Unless they get injured, which they almost certainly will.

I have yet to be taken over. I'd like to see a splash of cash thrown my way. I'm playing a Nott Forest game and about 2/3 through season 1. Promotion is a distinct possibility, but I'm not sure that is a good idea as my team seems long in the tooth and might get dropped right back down next season.

Scotland and Boyd (;) ) can hold the front until then. Unless they get injured, which they almost certainly will.

I take it back, they didn't get injured. Practically everyone else did though, if not in training then in a match against Hamilton! No idea how they did it. Presumably just hurling themselves at the goalposts repeatedly. :crazyeye:

Have promoted Ferrol into Primera Liga after 3 seasons.

Just being offered the Columbia National Manager position.

This game has officially taken over my life again. This isn't an AAR, but a brief review of season 2. And I'm at work so I don't have specific names, ect.

As Nottingham Forest I achieved promotion to the Championship in my first season, but had only about 400K for transfers so I planned on a long fight just to avoid the Drop. Being a Feeder for Arsenal (which I brokered) brought me 2 solid young DMs and a DC, but their youth isn't that big of a plus when trying to avoid relegation.

I blew most of my cash on a GK from Congo (who has sucked) and was left with buying up cheap potential players who I could maybe sell later. And my best player, Tyson, hated playing here and wants to move on. :(

Through 18 games I had 15 points and was sitting 22nd. Tyson's malaise had resulted in a whopping 2 goals and was killing my team. I benched him for a young starlet, Craig Gunn, with blazing pace. I also picked up a decent GK on a free, who has been inserted into my starting 11.

Through 29 games I currently have 38 points and am sitting 13th. I'm on an 11 game unbeaten run (Turning off the computer last night was sheer hell!!!) and have conceded 3 goals in those 11. Young Mr. Gunn has 14 goals and is using his pace to single handidly save my season.

I did also make a switch to go man marking with a deeper line when my turn around happened. I was simply allowing too many through balls when no one picked up a man in their zone. Now my DCs and DM bounce on rebounds or are stuck to the opposition so they can't.

I'm dying to finish out this season and see if I can't build upon it next year.

What a game!

Top Bottom