1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Football Manager 2007

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by woodelf, Sep 30, 2006.

1. steviejay

steviejay Now in Black and White!!

Heh you can have feuds? damn, i'm gonna be the most unpopular guy EVER. still waiting for my order to be shipped :(

2. Kan' Sharuminar

Kan' Sharuminar Fluffy

I'm still playing FM 2005. It's kinda a fictional rivalry, the Aberdeen manager said he didn't think I had what it takes to win the League, so I retorted by saying I thought he takes to manage anything. I intend to keep insulting him every chance I get.

I also thought I may try to strike up a friendship with the Rangers manager, but I don't think that'll go down too well with the home support :p

3. steviejay

Ahhhh, FM 05. Yeah whenever I played as rangers Calderwood just hated me, no matter what I did. Needless to say terry butcher loved me :p

4. Holistic

Holistic wrapped in plastic

The game has been released in Greece a couple of days early (again), and the release date has been pushed forward, and the game should be available in stores today (in Europe).

Oh well. Should have waited a couple of hours before placing that pre-order... :crazyeye:

5. woodelf

woodelf Bard

I wonder when Amazon will bring me my copy...

6. steviejay

I got my copy yesterday!! It seems that Play.com are doing special delivery on FM so you get it within 24 hours of shipping. Not complaining.

Played it all last night (whilst watching the football on tv heh) doing so so. I decided to play as Norwich because my brother supports them and they tend to be a challenge. Brought in Guadiola on a seasonal contract, some Senaglese AML who's name elludes me and I brought wee Novo from Rangers for a cool mill. cleaned me right out but it's making a difference.

I started by playing a 4-1-4-1 formation with Guadiola as the DM and earnshaw as the long striker but despite winning all 6 of my pre-season games I got off to a bad start in my league games. winning 1 from 3. So I brought in Novo and switched to a 4-1-3-2 with no wingers and I'm doing not bad now. I'm about 8 games in and around 7th. I've won 4 and lost 3 I think. not sure need to check when I get home tonight.

I love the interactions you get with the media. I get asked before every game if I think we'll win (something very life like) and also I've been asked about players I've wanted to sign a few times and once or twice I've been approached after an opponent's moaned because I was given a light penalty. Good so far, so so good.

Play...........must play............ must...... leave work... must........play

7. Kan' Sharuminar

Kan' Sharuminar Fluffy

I'm not listening Stevie, all you people have gotten me back playing FM, I am not about to buy the latest one because you lot are getting addicted :p

Glad to hear it's good. That extra media stuff sounds mighty tempting...

8. woodelf

woodelf Bard

Lucky bugger. I most likely have a week to go before it gets over here.

9. Daimon

Daimon 50 post-er

:mwaha: Mwahaha, my brother got it on wedenesday! It was all down to a confused game tiller and the abscence of a 'pre-order' sticker!

May I just say, it is absolutely brilliant, even though i'm a Liverpool fan I chose Chelsea because they are stinking rich (about £60 million transfer money, £100 million or so if you ask for more), haven't done much with the money though, apart from buying Adriano for £29 million ;)

10. steviejay

Heh so Daimon. YOU'RE the reason why it was released so early? Some stores began selling it early so SI just decided to bring the release date forward.

I don't like going teams with a load of money, I like to play with teams that have no chance of winning, like Norwich or Hamilton Accies, or Celtic :mischief:

11. Kan' Sharuminar

Kan' Sharuminar Fluffy

Oh I quite agree, but maybe you should consider a team that's got a lot of chance of winning sometime? Like Inverness CT :mischief:

12. Hitti-Litti

Hitti-Litti Deity

Daimon, could you PLEASE start a quick start in Finland(or a new game, if ye don't have quick starts installed) and tell me the teams in Finnish Premier Division and First Division or whhatever are they named in it. In demo the teams were wrong, so I wanna know did they fix it.

13. Holistic

Holistic wrapped in plastic

The teams in Veikkausliiga are Haka, HJK, Honka, Inter, Jaro, KooTeePee, KuPS, Lahti, MIFK, MyPa, Tampere Utd, TPS and VPS. The teams in Ykkönen are Atlantis, Hämeenlinna, JIPPO, Klubi-04, KPV, MP, Oulu, PK-35, PP-70, Rakuunat, RoPS, TP-47, VIFK and Viikingit. Seems right? I played with Viikingit, and it struck me as somewhat odd that there were two Max Lundbergs in the team :crazyeye:, so there's probably more database-flaws yet to be fixed.

14. Hitti-Litti

Hitti-Litti Deity

YES!! It is correct now. I'm eager to see how creators solved problem of 13 teams in Premier Division this year, but 14 next year, because AC Allianssi made FEW mistakes.

They sold their ream to some Chinese guy named Zheyun Ye, and then they lost 0-8 to FC Haka. And for some reason huge amounts of money were bet to FC Haka in Southeast Asia...

15. Daimon

Daimon 50 post-er

I didn't do it! It was the Game employee!

I've just passed transfer deadline day, i've sold Essien and Gerimi and bought Adriano, Juninho Pernasomething, Aaron Hunt, Vander Borre and Luizao (some brazilian centre back). I've had slightly mixed results, in my first premiership game I beat Pompey 1-0 away, then drew with Watford 0-0 away and then beat Arsenal 4-0 at home!

In the CL i've put into quite a hard group, Inter, HSV and Sporting CP! Luckily I beat Inter 1-0 away, so if I can do that I can probably win the group.

In short, this game is awesome. :D

16. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

Hi, Woodelf! :)

Nice to see you're into football, too.
    I also will get my copy of FM07 next week from the stores here - I hope...

17. deo

deo Emperor

I will get the game Tomorow or in 2 days!!!

Cant wait to get Liverpool under my fingers!!!

18. Kan' Sharuminar

Kan' Sharuminar Fluffy

Hehe, I intend to take control of Liverpool in a few years time when I end my managership of Celtic.

Speaking of which, we just won the League Cup, Scottish Cup and Premier League :D . Got to the final 16 of the Champions League too, before getting smashed by Milan.

19. Till

Till Adventurer

I just led Vikingur to victory. :D
    After being promoted to the premier division, the team championed it, won the Upper leage cup and the Iceland Cup. I'll propably get my backside handed to me in the European competitions, though. Most players are part timers and some even play for free!

20. woodelf

woodelf Bard

Hey V. Soma. :)

I love the concept of taking a small club to the top. I still stink at this game, but after 80 or so hours on the Demo I am getting a wee bit better.