1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Football (Soccer) Stadium

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Jimmyballz, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Jimmyballz

Jimmyballz Executive

Version 2:
    Made Football Stadium available to all civs, with RADIO as a tech requirement.

For UB preference, the flagless version is included.

Version 1 (still included in Version 2):
    Here is a Football Stadium skin & XML used to replace the colosseum. The skin was provided by KrugerPritz. This was originally used for the Italian Empire, so the xml's and dds files show this and have the Italian Flag.

I included KrugerPritz' original reskin with no flag, so you could add a Flag of your own if you'd like. ;)

XML's have it replacing Colosseum, +2:) +1:culture:

- Download Link -

2. Jimmyballz

Jimmyballz Executive

Here are the screenshots just in case...
    1st 2 pics reflect Version 1 XML.

Attached Files:

3. Jimmyballz

Jimmyballz Executive

If adding a flag, you may want to edit the button too. The flag on the button will be 3 pixels wide.:D

4. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

That's not football.

5. Jimmyballz

Jimmyballz Executive

I changed the name of the file. Sorry for any confusion:D:lol:

6. asioasioasio

asioasioasio Fallout Scrubber

It is football :D
    It's not my problem that in USA you have everything different including football :) :p

Nice work on the stadium

7. Jimmyballz

Jimmyballz Executive

Most credit should go to KrugerPritz on this, as I just added the flag/button/xml's :salute:

I wouldn't mind using the metric system like everyone else.:):assimilate:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Metric_system.png

8. KrugerPritz

KrugerPritz King

9. JustATourist

JustATourist Lost in Translation

Rugby? :lol:

10. Onagan

Onagan The Dutch

Rugby is a cool sport, it's better then American Football (you know that sport, where you have to discuss every 10 seconds)

But nothings beats Football

11. Dryhad

Dryhad Prince

At least it can also be called Gridiron. What shall we call "Aussie Rules" but a collection of strangely ambiguous phrases that either include, abbreviate, or imply "football".

12. Xenomorph

Xenomorph King

Yea, those pansy American Football players have to wear all that protective padding. :)
    I've often wondered why Football got to be called Soccer in America and how the American Football came to be.

13. Jimmyballz

Jimmyballz Executive

I played a lot of soccer/football (capt of team in HS;)), and I know what it's like out there with nothing but shinguards. The only thing that gets me nowadays with these tough guys (any country) who fake hits/injuries to get the ref's call. They get the slightest bit of contact and they go down crying. It is changing the game in a bad way, trying to 'sell it' to the ref and manipulate the flow of the game. A lot of times when they go down crying(faking) it is only putting them out of the play, and they won't be there for a 2nd opportunity to maybe score a goal. Instead they wine to the refs on thier knees for no call. I will be watching the semifinals, and hopefully there won't be much of this nonsense.:thumbsdown::D

14. Onagan

Onagan The Dutch

@Jimmyballz, I have to agree.

I visit every home match of my favorite team, and yes I hate players of my squad because things like that. I have faking players of other teams more ;)

15. asioasioasio

asioasioasio Fallout Scrubber

Yeah two things in soccer/football sucks - first are the judges (those penalties and cards from the hat, offside/onside mistakes) - i think it can be easily managed by modern electronics - cameras, sensors, computers analyzing the match - judge needs to be sure if it was fault or off-side.
    The second is thatre - i hate teams in wich players make fake fault and crying. He's rotating on the grass, and couple of seconds later his runing like nothing happened :(

But those two things don't spoil the show to much.

16. Jimmyballz

Jimmyballz Executive

Made Football Stadium available to all civs, with RADIO as a tech requirement.

For UB preference, the flagless version is included.

This is per numerous requests to "industrialize" the stadium. Originally the PreReqTech was CONSTRUCTION and this allowed the Football Stadium to appear way Way WAY before it's time.