1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

football thread No11

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Carras Dad, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Quackers

Quackers The Frog

A sensational El Classico.
    Disappointed that Uefalona won the game. RM were competitive up till the sending off. Neymar won his penalty brilliantly. Excellent gamesmanship.

A very competitive La Liga this season.

2. Arwon

Arwon

The most important thing is it leaves not Real not Barcelona Atletico on top of the table.

Although looking at matches remaining I'd give Real Madrid slight favouritism to take the title, even having lost both tiebreakers. Barcelona and Atletico both play each other as well as Bilbao who are a clear 4th on the table. Real Madrid's highest remaining opponent is Sociedad (6th) and nobody plays Sevilla (5th).

All three teams play Villareal who are 6 points clear in the last European spot (7th), which makes them an interesting wildcard. Both Madrids also play Villareal's nearest rival, Valencia (8th).

3. Josu

Josu Emperor

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Agree, I don't like Atletico too much (In fact I dislike it) but it is always better than Real Madrid or Barcelona in the top

Let me note a point over here. There are not such teams as Bilbao or Sociedad. They are Athletic Club and Real Sociedad. We can discuss about people calling Bilbao to Athletic Club (it is wroing in any case), but definetively nobody calls Sociedad to Real Sociedad, they call them "La Real" or Erreala (in "basque") generally very few people in spain calls just Real to Madrid,they call them Real Madrid or Madrid and if they do, they do as "El Real" ;)

I agree with you, I think that Real Madrid will won the league. They have the easyest calendar and in spite of yesterday's match, I think they are the strongest side right now.

4. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

Very unlikeable, full of himself, nothing is ever his fault, he's always been with the big-money clubs with fantastic budgets and has somehow underperformed ever since he left Porto.
    He's also a spiteful little runt who suddenly became an anti-Barcelona nut… and he dared called St. Arsène a voyeur!
    Passive-aggressiveness from someone who failed to win the Champions League with Real Madrid… please, that shows you the man's real worth. Even if Real win no trophies this season, Ancelotti's already made the team likeable again, at least from the point of view of their playing style. Ronaldo is still a hypocrite and Ramos and Pepe are still thugs, but at least they play football now.
    And Madrid got a penalty for a foul on Cristiano Ronaldo that was very clearly outside the box, yet I have to endure Cristiano moaning about international conspriacies against his team, while Ancelotti tones it down. Mou would've made a scene even worse than his baby boy.
    Indeed.

5. Quackers

Quackers The Frog

Did you watch the game Tak?

6. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

Not live :(, I tend to pay less attention when I already know the result of the game.
    But I was commenting on their attitude…

Question of the day: should Bale have got a penalty?

7. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

No. It wasn't a foul in my opinion. Ronaldo's penalty was clearly outside the box, Neymar was offside just before the penalty on him and Ramos's sending-off, and the penalty on Iniesta was correct. There was also a possible penalty on the first half, when the ball hit fabregas in his hands as he was trying to cover his face on a free kick. The refereeing was bad for both sides, it's far away from a conspiracy like Ronaldo said after the game. I guess he learned something from Mourinho after all...

8. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

He had Mou and, before that, he had Fungusmoan. Poor kid…

9. Arwon

Arwon

Wait so there's an El Real and a La Real distinguished from each other, and you can speak of both meaningfully in the same sentence? Interesting.

10. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

Of course there is, that's what you have articles as a grammatical feature for!

11. Arwon

Arwon

But what about Real Zaragoza ):

12. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

'Zaragoza'.

13. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

ManYoo - Citeh
    Arsenal - Swansea
    Newcastle - Everton

It's really up to the away teams to win their games today, I'm afraid.

14. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

In a not-surprising-at-all turn of events, Bayern Munich are Bundesliga champions, and march isn't even over yet. Makes you wonder how weak other German teams are. However, many circumstances led to the easy title win. Dortmund with half the starting team injured, Leverkusen and Schalke also missing players and stumbling against theoretically weaker opponents, etc, etc.

15. Quackers

Quackers The Frog

I think Dortmund would have done more if it wasn't for their injuries. Yet in the end, i still think Bayern would win. So it doesn't change much.

If Bayern put 3 past United (which is eminently feasible) next week it might get ugly for Moyes..

16. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

Urited haven't beaten any of the teams above them except Arsenal 1-0 at home (1-1-4 at home, 0-2-3 away).
    If Fellaini hadn't been wearing a ManYoo jersey he'd've been sent off and it'd've been an even worse thrashing for the guys in red…

…meanwhile, le Arse are trying their best to secure fourth place, even though they were, until last weekend, above it. Everton are trying to climb above them…

Who'll lead in Espaiñ after tonight?

17. Quackers

Quackers The Frog

Barcelona went from beating Manchester City at the Ethiad to slumping to a defeat, iirc.
    I think Martino has an issue with motivating his players for the little matches. Clearly there is substantial talent in the side, but they still have to try.

18. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

Maybe it is that everyone wants to beat them?

19. Quackers

Quackers The Frog

Of course. Everytime Barca come to the pitch the opposition are fully motivated to push them as much as they can. Thats the nature of success.

Pedro and Sanchez should start.

20. Quackers

Quackers The Frog

VV Barca career looks to be over. Likely to miss the world cup too.