1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

football thread No11

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Carras Dad, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

By default, they are biased against anyone who doesn't play guileless hoofball. They sometimes can appreciate the brilliance of teams that play in 'the continental style', but you always get the sense that they're willing them to fail.

2. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

They should comment at Twickenham then, not at Wembley.

3. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

From the highlights i saw, they're extremely vulnerable at the back though. BVB just didn't have the finishing touches to make them pay on the scoreboard.

4. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

They should just have Gary Neville commentating on every match. Or you know, anyone who actually knows about football and tactics.

I can't decide who's worse out of Andy "That's Better" Townsend and Michael "He Should Have Scored There" Owen. Both of them have the most annoying voices imaginable, and both of them contribute negatively to any analysis of the game.

5. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

After some politicking in Uruguay which has led to the resignation of the head of their local FA, CONMEBOL (the continental federation) has suspended their membership. Let's see what FIFA does about it, I doubt they'd want to throw them out of the World Cup and replace them with a less marketable -and politically incorrect- team, i.e. Venezuela.
    Well, Madrid haven't been particularly good at that over the last few seasons, they conceded against Schalke both home and away, for instance.

6. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

I think Jordan would take their place, given that they lost the play-off against them...but it's not likely at all that FIFA would suspend Uruguay with so little time left.

7. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

Jordan? Even less marketable while less politically incorrect, thanks to Queen Rania. And what would FIFA do with all the tickets they've already sold in Uruguay? Not having your stadia ready and covering up the deaths of workers is one thing, but parting your money is another.

8. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

Yeah, I was just saying as they were the ones that would have qualified instead of Uruguay. Joseph Blatter already said that FIFA is not going to act on that, so Uruguay is safe.

In other news, the FIFA Women's U-17 World Cup final between Japan and Spain will be played tomorrow in Costa Rica. Blatter is attending. Normally, I wouldn't care about this, but the fact that it's the first FIFA tournament ever disputed in my country or in Central America makes it somewhat noteworthy to me. Perhaps in 10 years we might even get a shot to host a U-20 men's WC...

9. Quackers

Quackers The Frog

#GuardiolaOut

10. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

Disgraceful. In fact, Bayern should be stripped of the title.

Nice to see you back, Mr. Q!

11. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

Now the battle for the Bundesliga title is red hot!! Only a 20 point lead!

In all seriousness, Bayern need to get their crap together. Man Yoo is not going to be easy at all, now I'm not entirely confident for Wednesday's game.

12. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

After beating Hertha, they've been resting most of their players for their European games. They're going after the Treble. Also, they look like Barcelona in 2010: can't keep winning everything, the pressure shows after a while.

13. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Presumably Augsburg's rivals must be a little annoyed that Bayern played a weakened side.

14. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

Meh, ManYoo did it in the Champions League last season and there was a lot of commentary on Fergie's strategic foresight.

15. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

Title already won, so no worries there :scan:

Statistically no matter how good a side is, you are bound to lose a game now and then. We lost 3 games so far this run, one to Dortmund, Man City, and now Augsburg. Not a ban run considering Bayern is still gonna repeat the Treble

16. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

Arsenal collapse :(

17. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

The surprise of tens were heard for a moment. Bayern is one kind of inevitable, Arsenal's overall strategy is another kind of inevitable :lol:

18. MilesGregarius

MilesGregarius Half-baked Renegade

coyb! :)

19. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

The treble would be awesome. The DFB Pokal is almost a given, the CL not so much.

If there's a team capable of totally collapsing after being in the title run in the EPL is Arsenal.

20. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

Maybe Wenger will do what hardly anybody else in England does and actually attempt to win the Europa League.

Personally, I'd like it if both of the Lancastrian teams made it to the Champions League, but the two millionaires' toys are going in anyway. It's just a shuffling around of who gets to accompany them. :(