football thread No11

Chelsea - PSG had high entertainment value.

Madrid supporters booed the team after their defeat before Schalke, even though they have moved on to the next round. They also applauded the Schalke team when the match was over. If this goes on, this year will see a lot of shuffling, old faces leaving and new ones arriving.

Chelsea - PSG had high entertainment value.

PSG deserved to win that game.. I have no idea why our players were so damn tired.. They looked exhausted out there, and the were playing against 10 men! And they didn't play any games over the weekend!

Mourinho messed up here, I reckon. I think he put the team through a very very demanding weekend training session regiment.. I don't know what else it could be. It's not like they all went out drinking the night before the game or something.

Matic has been injured and hasn't been playing due to a ban. So I expected him to be a bit rusty.. but everybody else should have been in great shape.

I agree about Fabregas, he can sometimes disappear in big games.. but sometimes he shines. Not very consistent when it comes to important games like these.. but maybe Mourinho will knock some sense into him.

If you set out to not-lose… well, you end up, strictly, not losing the match.
Pretty routine win over a pedestrian side tbh.
ManYoo have been pedestrian for a couple years now and you'd beaten them once in the last fifteen matches.

When's FOX expected to sue FIFA? Or whoever paid for the rights to broadcast the world cup in the U.S.? If this thing happens in the winter, advertisers are going to pay far far less for ad time - won't the country be distracted in the winter by American Football? and other sports? While they expected to show this thing in the summer - when there's nothing else going on?

No lawsuit - they got the tv rights for the next World Cup, bid free :crazyeye:

Anyone else catch Bhutan's game today ? They're now historically undefeated in World Cup qualifying.

Yay! Bhutan, all right!
Not sure Hodgson is the right choice for England team Manager. He fails to recognize the skills of such talents as Kane and Austin.

Neverkusen continues to meet expectations. A game ripe for their taking vs atletico but failing to ever take a killer edge and then followed up by some sorry excuses for penalties, kind of their trademark

Everton Kenobi…

Yet we still have two French teams still alive!

I also hate how the big CONCACAF teams don't take the CONCACAF Champions League as seriously. Mexico's Club America losing to a Costa Rican team 3-0 with pretty much all their #2s in.

You heard it here first!
Are you of the caphalopodian persuasion, Mr. fire?
Yet we still have two French teams still alive!
It's all a conspiracy. England's teams don't have English managers. Or English players. Or English fans, for that matter.
MacAttack said:
I also hate how the big CONCACAF teams don't take the CONCACAF Champions League as seriously. Mexico's Club America losing to a Costa Rican team 3-0 with pretty much all their #2s in.
That's because Libertadores>CONCACAF.

Top Bottom