football thread No11

Very reasonable. Although I hope Atlético wins. :mischief:

We should totally meet up to watch the Barça matches. Being in the same town and all.

Oh yes, his twin breastless sister. :p

Why the hell would we want to meet with a breastless woman? It doesn't go well with football.

Yeah Liverpool needed half an hour before started playing football. Second half left now, I doubt they'll get the equaliser, much less win. But we'll see.

Well I'm not going to argue against it. A clear stamp and an equally clear red card. Utterly hopeless play by Gerrard. Congrats United.

Ohh Neuer, what did you do? Two big mistakes and Bayern loses to Gladbach...Still 10 pts clear on 1st Place. Robben's injury might be a concern though...

El Clásico coming up! Good football Sunday...

And the old Carthaginian family manage to win it…

I think that might be partially because it just isn't competitive enough. As MLS sides improve and become more of a challenge, Mexican teams should take it a bit more seriously. It won't be anytime soon I don't think, MLS sides don't have enough depth to be that competitive on more than 1 front.

I guess the lure of the Club World Cup isn't there either :dunno:

I guess the lure of the Club World Cup isn't there either :dunno:

Is a Club World Cup worth more or less than a Community Shield?

I suppose that getting ritually thrashed by a UEFA or CONMEBOL side doesn't really appeal to the CONCACAF sides. (Generously assuming that the CONCACAF side wins a match against another minnow.)

That more or less sums up the problems with the Club World Cup. Not that I'm telling you anything you didn't already know.

On that front, it appears that the winners of last years UEFA Cup and Copa Sudamericana (Sevilla and River Plate respectively) will meet for sort of still-not-FIFA-recognised second-level intercontinental trophy.

Is a Club World Cup worth more or less than a Community Shield?

I suppose that getting ritually thrashed by a UEFA or CONMEBOL side doesn't really appeal to the CONCACAF sides. (Generously assuming that the CONCACAF side wins a match against another minnow.)

That more or less sums up the problems with the Club World Cup. Not that I'm telling you anything you didn't already know.

Actually a Club World Cup appearance is very sought after by CONCACAF clubs, even by Mexican sides. The exposure it gives to the club and the players is something important. The problem with Mexican teams is that they tend to underestimate their opponents, which leads them to lineup their reserve or bench players for many of the matches.

Germany makes an ass of themselves again, with a really worked up tie against Australia. Löw should have never been re-signed as coach...

Top Bottom