football thread No11

How much control do they have over Mourinho? This United could take at least one of the three pieces of English silverware they can get this season. A domestic double of some form or another is not off the table, I'd say.

On the other hand, the investment is relatively small, and some of the games should be winnable by your reserve players.

A mixed team could win the Europa League, especially with Mourinho in charge.

Interesting deadline day to be sure. Luiz back to Chelsea out of left field, Sissoko to Spurs for big bucks, Wilshire on loan to Bournemouth of all places. Perhaps not as compelling as last year's de Gea drama, but still entertaining.

And, to the best of my knowledge, Arsène Wenger has not panicked into doing emergency buys. :)

‘Erm, hi, my name is Lionel and I want to play for these guys here in white and blue…’

Very important match day at the CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers as Honduras beats Canada and USA soars past St. Vincent in order to practically secure qualification to the next round...Costa Rica also secured qualification tonight with an away win against Haiti...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

United scares me. Pogba hasn't been anything much so far and they still look like they'd be in the last 8 of the Champions League if they were in it.

Right now, I'd suggest that they just enter the bench and young players in Europa and focus on the league. They probably won't do that because of the equipment contract, but if you ask me they've got a squad that's threatening the league and splitting duty makes it a lot less likely that they win it or qualify in 4th.

:cool:

I think I'll dial a suicide line.

It isn't THAT bad. Look at the bright side. If Everton wins at home against Middlesbrough, they're an uncontested second regardless of what City does. There's even a world where Everton ends up on top of the table, Leicester style. (Not that they'll hold it.) So it's not like we're living in a world that's dominated by the usual suspects just yet.

It isn't like United has held up to their early promise either. Pogba's still been a non-factor and the rest of the crew has largely reverted to anonymity. The result is that United is now incredibly hard to get a read on. Champions of England? Crashing out of Europa in the group stage and a return via 5th/6th in England? Out of Europe entirely? Part of the joy of the early results is that a lot of possible endings are in the frame, for better or worse.

That did NOT look good for Harry Kane.

Hey, Manyoo got some Fergie time and screwed it up.

It isn't THAT bad. Look at the bright side. If Everton wins at home against Middlesbrough, they're an uncontested second regardless of what City does. There's even a world where Everton ends up on top of the table, Leicester style. (Not that they'll hold it.) So it's not like we're living in a world that's dominated by the usual suspects just yet.

It isn't like United has held up to their early promise either. Pogba's still been a non-factor and the rest of the crew has largely reverted to anonymity. The result is that United is now incredibly hard to get a read on. Champions of England? Crashing out of Europa in the group stage and a return via 5th/6th in England? Out of Europe entirely? Part of the joy of the early results is that a lot of possible endings are in the frame, for better or worse.

wake me up inside

Leicester had won only one more game than this year by this stage. Never fear, the back-to-back title run is still on.

Top Bottom