football thread No11

World Cup QFs? It's just home and away legs.

As far as distance goes, Australia traveled to Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Bangladesh, Japan, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Thailand, Iran (to play Iraq) and Malaysia (to play Syria) on the path to the 2018 WC.

I don't even know how you'd go about getting to Bishkek, Amman or Dushanbe commercially from here lol

Cheapest return flight I found between Canberra and Bishkek is AU$2132, has layovers in Brisbane/Sydney, Guangzhou and Ürümqi, and the return leg takes over 40 hours total

No need to include the Canberra leg, the team would have flown out of Sydney. That'll save a couple hundred!

World Cup QFs? It's just home and away legs.

As far as distance goes, Australia traveled to Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Bangladesh, Japan, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Thailand, Iran (to play Iraq) and Malaysia (to play Syria) on the path to the 2018 WC.

I don't even know how you'd go about getting to Bishkek, Amman or Dushanbe commercially from here lol
Back in the day, before Australia moved to the AFC, the old qualifying tournaments had one country (or two) host all games in one group. See here, as an example.

Ahhh. That would involve less travel I suppose, but doesn't seem fair.

Who is Ansu Fati? Seriously. Not even 17 and he's been carrying Barça like a pro. This is something else.

Somebody help me, Maradona's returned to coaching.

There is nowhere you can hide. His big fat face is bigger and fatter than Big Brother's.

Another '80s asstard returns! Michel Platini has paid his debt to society or whatever it's supposed to be and has announced he seeks to return to football.

Of course he does. Where else will he get enough bribes to sustain his lifestyle?

So surely this year it will happen right? The end of thirty years of frustration. I will continue to perform my weekly human sacrifices to keep Van Dijk injury free.

Citeh are lulling you into a false sense of security…

The Australian mens and womens teams (Socceroos and Matildas) have agreed to split their (now 40%, up from 30%) cut of all revenue from both teams down the middle in order for them both to be paid equally. This is apparently the first time a womens national team has been guaranteed an equal share of commercial revenue to the male team.

That's great! Here in Spain the female players have gone on strike to be recognised as full-time players, and no male players have even voiced support. For shame.

That's great! Here in Spain the female players have gone on strike to be recognised as full-time players, and no male players have even voiced support. For shame.

I am not able to find a single Tweet or an item in a newspaper, but I am pretty sure that at least Mikel San Jose, from Athletic Clucm has voiced support in public.

Quite a sad showing.

Didn't you have 60k people in a match between Atlético Madrid and Barcelona?

Yes, but professional female players aren't recognised as full time workers by the clubs, at least those who do not have the means that Barça and Atlético do.

Top Bottom