football thread No11

No more continental competitions apparently. The players won't survive having no summer break ever.

Stable and alive I hear,

to be honest this game shouldn't have been completed tonight, hardly seems fair for his team...

He was able to talk, it was reported that he requested the game to be completed that night. But that doesn't mean he will make a full recovery, although he was quickly recuscitated and that's a positive thing.

Finnish and Danish supporters were all chanting 'Eriksen', link.

I was pretty certain he was a goner when they initiated cpr. Super relieved to see that he pulled through.

Looks like Scots will have a new swearword: Oh Schick.

Definitely a candidate for a goal of the tournament.

How incredibly boring it is to watch Spain dominate possession. I appreciate the individual skill level player by player but as a team not fun at all. Something is wrong when a Norwegian roots for Sweden :dunno:

Agree 100%, it was Spain who had to force the issue. Instead L. Enrique chose not to alter the formation, subbed Morata (who's never been a main striker) instead of bolstering the attack, even faced with the evidence of Sweden being completely a-ok with the nil-nil (well, the only explanation I can come up with for Andersson to remove his most dangerous man, Isak, from the game is that he was being too ambitious and dragging the team forward too often).

Let's hope not, we have seen players with such a device, allthough not at this level....

Tonights game will include some sort show of support around the 10th minute I understand.

Looks like Eriksen will get an ICD.

End of career?

Let's hope not, we have seen players with such a device, allthough not at this level....(...)

Daley Blind has an ICD and he plays in the Dutch national team.

On the topic off the game between the Netherlands vs Austria:

International press seems to be realy positive about the Dutch team after the game, here there is more criticism. Funny because usually it's the other way around.
The game was won 2-0 but Austria isn't a strong contender. I thought the passing was poor, lot of possession lost by the Dutch that way. The defence was better then the previous game though.

wedged between France and Germany
lol :lol:

It's funny how the American press can look at both Holland and Belgium.
I remember an article of an American journalist a couple of years ago, he described how Dutch kids join scouting and dropped in the middle of the night in the middle of the forest to fend for themselves. Failed to mention that our forest are like one hectare in size at the most :lol:.

Top Bottom