Grendeldef

Trancerelic & coffeeholic
Seems legit...

Any videos?

Grendeldef

Grendeldef

So, technically Benz did it again and Chelski melted in epic manner and too bad Bayern didn't properly respect the epic pre-game tifo in München (I hate 'translating' city names)

Pangaea

Rock N Roller
Good grief. Would be better if both City and Atletico crashed out due to be unsporting thunder****s. Both are horrible for slightly different, and often the same, reasons.

Takhisis

Rum and coke.
Including their being yet two more examples of foreign-billionaire-owned clubs that are effectively like US ‘franchises’?

Grendeldef

Yup, kicking both Tico & City out would've been optimal but now I can just root for Pool in one more City encounter.
I watched yesterday the Pool-Benfica game as I assumed the other one would surely lack in footballing merits though it might shine in entertainment area. Only saw the last ~20mins or so it.

Grendeldef

Here we go again. Go Bodø Go.

Grendeldef

Yup, I may have jinxed it but they're slow starters.

Snerk

Smeghead
It's all over now. Worst game by Bodø and best game by Roma so far in the tournament. They had a good run tho.

Grendeldef

You wouldn't be watching the game by Viasat/Viaplay? Streams seems to be crappy or non-existent in Finland atm. I switching to Barca-Bankfurt to see if it works any better.

Grendeldef

Hah, Garcia wasn't told which sport is going on and Bankfurt 0-1 on 4th minute from the spot. This looks much more promising and even the stream seems to be working.

Snerk

Smeghead
You wouldn't be watching the game by Viasat/Viaplay? Streams seems to be crappy or non-existent in Finland atm. I switching to Barca-Bankfurt to see if it works any better.
Nah just some pirate stream, I haven't got Viaplay but I'm told pic quality is bad there.

Pangaea

Rock N Roller
Sad to see this result for Bodø/Glimt, particularly in view of what happened and that their manager was unfairly (imo) banned. It's been one-sided so far, though, so maybe they couldn't have done anything with him at the sidelines either. Thought it is of course easier to adjust things with the manager there.

Hopefully Roma lose 17-0 in the next tie.

Grendeldef

Viaplay sucks with its 720p *HD* in Premier League apart from few UHD games which may or may not work. Bundesliga offers better quality as apparently does F1 where everything is supposedly as they should be in 2020s but that doesn't interest me. These Euro games are 720p but nationwide problem atm is/was peeps got few minutes of game & several seconds of hourglass.
This is especially weird & annoying since one can watch CL games for free & 1080p on Livescore with Irish VPN.

As a football game this Barca game is great.

Takhisis

Rum and coke.
West Ham and Leicester in the semifinals of ze Cups?

Also, BarceLOLna. wtf?

Pangaea

Rock N Roller
Possibly not enough rolling around for BarceROFLna :p

Sad to see what happened to Glimt, but nice that some 'shocking' results can still pop up here and there. West Ham could go all the way now and grab a CL spot, but I suppose Leipzig are the favourites.

Grendeldef

Braga's Zorro still got to the Darwin Award yesterday. Extra time, man down, goal down, stupid tackle 80m away from own goal for which he got yellow and wanted to give his apparently radically disagreeing view right away so the ref gave him another yellow on the spot and time for writing a proper memo of the issue out of the pitch. Far from great performance from Rangers but we got a man there, wupppiee.
There's never a point counting Finnish teams in this stage of any competition so we're happy to see anyone with a right passport left :)

The Thursday Leagues or cups at this stage may not have any point to begin with but this season especially the competition has been great. Lots of good games, surprising results and teams not using their bench 11 like Pool did Wednesday. I think the competitions are pointless but I've been enjoying the games immensely.

Last edited:

Takhisis

Rum and coke.
I was reading that in the Champions League, since 2013 only three teams –Porto, Benfica and Ajax– from outside the west-European quintet of England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain have made it to the quarterfinals.
In the UEFA Cup/Europa League, only Shakhtar Donetsk has made it to the semifinals in the past five editions.
Effectively the Conference League seems to be the non-superclub league which can be competitive and yet a more even playing field.

It already felt as if clubs had to choose between a) entering the Champions League and getting a lot of money for being sparring partners for Liverpool or Barcelona and b) the actual chance of silverware in winning the second-tier competition but for far less money.

You can do a Sevilla but you really need a lot of precision to make exactly land third in the group stage so that you get the Champions League group stage money and the silverware at the end of it anyway.

Top Bottom