football thread No11

I sometimes have visions that the 2014 FIFA World Cup mascot, Fuleco, is only interested in money (despite the stories that go along with him) (which is also why he is on the 2013 Confederations Cup tickets).

Pelé speaking otu for big money, I wouldn't've expected that.

Uhhh what? He has been cashing in on his fame for years now, he has happily been co-opted into FIFA for decades.

The man who scored "1000" career goals in Brazil, he didn't include goals he scored in the park as an 11 year old, of course not :goodjob:

I dunno, their last World Cup was dismal enough dontchafink?

I hate to say it but Buffon looked average over the past two games.

It might just be me, but the ref in that game seemed to give more fouls to the Italians and more cards to the Brazilians. There were a few fouls I think should have gotten one of the Italians booked.

Gus Poyet got sacked on national telly, live.

Brilliant.

Pep Guardiola unveiled as new Bayern head coach.
He has got that German down, almost.

I don't know why he didn't go live in Germany for a year and pick up the language that way, instead of New York.

Cuase he didn't know where would he be goin' a year ago, I'd venture. and then he didn't move cause the children were already in school there.

I read he spends four hours each day learning German with a tutor.

Think Jose Mourinho managed to learn Italian in a month than again he had the advantage of being a translator in his earlier career and knows several languages.

I can't wait for European Super Cup :D

Well, any romanic language is piss easy if you know a couple of them already. I can read Portuguese and Italian without missing much, for example.

Learning German is quite difficult...I know it was for me. And speaking in front of a bunch of people in a language you have just recently started to learn is quite a daunting task!!

I read he spends four hours each day learning German with a tutor.

Think Jose Mourinho managed to learn Italian in a month than again he had the advantage of being a translator in his earlier career and knows several languages.

I can't wait for European Super Cup :D
All this points to Mr. Takhisis beign the new Special One in, say, twenty years.

Pep to the top. First main order of business is wiping Chelsea off the face of the map for their insolence

I'd rather a German team were champions this time…

So Fenerbahce and Besiktas are out of next year's international football, prepare to learn some new unspeakable Turkish Club names...

On the other hand, Steaua Bucuresti was acquitted, or rather not given any punishment. What Steaua did (that was the topic of this case, all other much darker stuff isn't topic here), was: They (A) promised money to another team (B) in the case they (B) wîn against their competition (C). It's not really a match manipulation since B would have wanted to win in any case, but it certainly was a motivation...

So, do you think that's manipulation or not?

Of course it is and of course it should be punished, further investigation is merited because when this happens there's usually another team trying to get team B to lose, either C or another club.

Top Bottom