1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

football thread No11

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Carras Dad, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Quackers

Quackers The Frog

Southampton just outclassed Liverpool. Beautiful.
    Liverpool simply couldn't cope with our high pressing style.

Another three unexpected points, now for another three next week home at Chelsea? :D

2. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

Dear Soton,

Please keep beating our rivals!

Sincerely,
    The Arse

3. Quackers

Quackers The Frog

Just keep your hands off Luke Shaw / youth products in general :mad: ;)

4. Quackers

Quackers The Frog

Well your rivals for forth place, Spurs don't look like they are doing themselves any favours. Losing 0-1 to Fulham the team with the worst away record in the entire premier league. Oh dear...Agent AVB is he a secret Gooner?

5. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

Yeah, Spurs are choking, surprise surprise!

6. Takhisis

Takhisis brown-haired beauty

Four points away from St. Totteringham's day. You can still make it, goondas!

7. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Spurs looked rather tired.

8. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

To be fair, if it weren't for your man Schwarzer with a couple of spectacular saves, they'd have won. Did I ever say how much I liked Australians? ;)

9. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

Its a funny race for 4th place in the Bundesliga

4th place through 8th place are all within one point of one another and 9th place is within 3. Schalke and Frankfurt are having a choke-off contest in the Bundesliga managing to bungle game after game. With only 8 more ties in the season and literally everyone being nearly at the same goal differential (highest goal differential from 4-9th place is +4 goals and all but one team is at +0 goals or higher) it could come down to some interesting scrambling.

Couple that Armin Veh is being contact by Schalke for the Head Coaching job (They are still without a Head Coach) and he won't consider resigning with Frankfurt until they break 40 points it will be an interesting fight

10. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

What happens if GD is the same? Is it goals scored or does it go to head-to-head? Would be hilarious if you had 4 teams on the same points and GD and had to sort it out by head-to-head results!

11. Takhisis

Takhisis brown-haired beauty

Yes but don't hug him, he might be poisonous.

12. Gucumatz

March Madness + World Cup Qualifiers. What more can you want. Here's hoping that the US can manage to qualify this go around. If anything, this would be the year that the US fails to qualify, considering injuries, retirees, lack of quality, and an improving Concacaf.

Could have been worse though when Guatemala played the US earlier and scored the first goal it was looking like Guatemala would knock out the US from the Group stages and that they wouldn't even make it the hexagonal (Painful as well though to see Guatemala blow it and see Carlos Ruiz's last chance of a world cup fall to tatters. Why Jamaica, why!)

13. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

I sure hope we win. An away victory against the US will surely be a nice boost and one step closer to qualification.

14. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

What more? ESPN actually talking about the WCQs would be nice :p

Anyways. That goal by Balotelli. :eek:

15. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

So Spain is now in a rough spot with that 1-1 result. They have to beat France if they want to qualify as 1st place.

Mexico blew a 2-0 lead over Honduras and with just 2 pts in 2 games, it's their worst start in the WC Qualifying ever.

16. Gucumatz

I watched the first 70 minutes of the Mexico-Honduras game, from what I saw that's a shocking result.
    ===

Also I watched the Portugal-Israel Match. Israel was up 3-1 at one point but blew half their lead. Was pretty bad defense for both teams. Also fun to see Ronaldo so frustrated.

And Colombia looked like a monster today against Bolivia

17. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

This is BS. USA-Costa Rica playing under a freakin' snowstorm. They should suspend this match. Incredible.

18. Gucumatz

Haha, now that's what I call homefield advantage! Who says the US venues can't do the same thing?

19. Gucumatz

The snow is masking our poor defense - I am cringing every couple of minutes, but the reduction in speed is allowing our guys to cover some of their mistakes in time

20. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

It's not really home field advantage if its affecting both teams. An unlucky deflection has made the difference so far. You can't even see the lines on the pitch at times! And the snowing keeps getting worse