football thread No11

Again, who I would sign depends on a myriad other factors (which team am I signing them for? who else is in the team? what style of football? what league are they playing in? are they cup tied?)

My view on these things is that you're comparing such different players, at such high standards of football, that it really isn't possible to choose rationally between them. The margin of error is far bigger than the difference in quality between the players. To me, Ronaldo, Ribery, Messi (when he wasn't injured) were all basically as good as each other in 2013.

Well, I've just read on the Independent that Chelski would be selling Mata to ManYoo for forty million pounds. :huh:

So a fit Rooney/RVP/Mata availiable for selection = diamond formation? Thats one of the few ways I can see it working without playing any of the three in unfavoured positions.

Still, why go for Mata when you need two new CMs and wingers? Crazy.

Just chuck them all in the middle. RVP, Rooney, Mata, Januzaj... Maybe tell Januzaj to make some decoy runs to the flanks, but those guys could play through any defence.

Nobody ever won anything with wingers anyway. :mischief:

Well, I've just read on the Independent that Chelski would be selling Mata to ManYoo for forty million pounds. :huh:

So a fit Rooney/RVP/Mata availiable for selection = diamond formation? Thats one of the few ways I can see it working without playing any of the three in unfavoured positions.

What is Moyes smoking, and where do I get some of that.

Just chuck them all in the middle. RVP, Rooney, Mata, Januzaj... Maybe tell Januzaj to make some decoy runs to the flanks, but those guys could play through any defence.

Nobody ever won anything with wingers anyway. :mischief:
Didn't Poland field some wingers in 1973?

They fielded winged hussars in '39 vs Germany. Didn't work out.

Although quite a few people said the same thing when Arsenal went after Ozil. Signing Mata kind of makes sense when you consider that Rooney and Van Persie have often both been unavailable. The main player that would lose out would most likely be Kagawa.

Manchester United lost in the league cup semi-final on penalties.

I've never got such pleasure from a team in decline.

Heheheh, yes indeed. So Citeh look ready to repeat last year's cup glory.
They fielded winged hussars in '39 vs Germany. Didn't work out.
Well, yes, but that is against the Germans. They always win.

Sunderland in Europe! Will it go better than Wigan or Swansea in Europe? Who knows. All I know is, I'm sure Moyes is relieved to not have yet another competition to flub his way through next season.

Well, yes, but that is against the Germans. They always win.

Glad someone finally admits it :mischief:
-------

Rumors also swirling that Dante has been contacted by Man Utd. I sincerely doubt he goes to Man Utd., but it would be quite the sweep for them this window. Dante may be 30 years old but he still has plenty of years left in him like a Van Buyten considering his time of play and play style in earlier seasons.

Sunderland in Europe! Will it go better than Wigan or Swansea in Europe? Who knows. All I know is, I'm sure Moyes is relieved to not have yet another competition to flub his way through next season.

Unless it has changed Sunderland would need to win the League Cup to get the UEFA cup place as it doesn't go to the runner up if the winner has already qualified for Europe.

Better for him. It would be a double bonus: Sunderland taking away a trophy from Citeh would take some pressure off him, and yes, he wouldn't have to face the shame of having to win the UEFA Cup.
Glad someone finally admits it :mischief:
You being also Mexican, you're bound to bottle it whenever given half a chance.

Guatemalan* Given half the chance, I won't even be able to show up :p

Guatemala was part of the Viceroy of Mexico's jurisdiction so that's it.

Top Bottom