football thread No11

Fun fact: some decades ago I was sent off three times during one season. I also collected 8 yellow cards. Sadly it was not good enough to be awarded with the Club record.

Any publicity is better than no publicity?

Maybe you could join a seniors team and try to complete the feat.

Well, well, well, FIFA's just announced a 32-team Club World Cup. :shake:

More well, well, well. The heck is up with you guys today?

Concur on the headshake though.

Nooo. That was something started by clubs on their own and for their own profit and thus automatically forbidden by UEFA and FIFA. However, FIFA on its own starting a new tournament for its own profit is a different thing entirely.

May the Farce be with us! Españish press outlets announce that UEFA and CONMEBOL have made an agreement for the latter to join the UEFA Nations League starting in 2024.

A sad day for the beautiful game, the greatest footballer ever has passed.

Pele (October 1940 - 29 December 2022)

Rest well O Rei.

Last edited:
*O Rei.

Somehow I get the feeling that he waited to see Messi finally win the World Cup.

Well, well, well, it seems like today is fine day for not fielding any Spanish players at all. Real Madrid always innovates.

Hehehehe.

Meanwhile, here in Argentinistan we now see that even friendly off-season matches can be marred by crowd violence.

What a tragedy Pool is this season. Light years away from usual standards.

And Arsenal totally bossing it, who would've thunk?

Please don't jinx it, Snerk. We don't want a millionaire club to… oh, never mind.

Oof! Juventus to be docked 15 points for ‘something with the books’.

Pity that it wasn't when they were in the lead for the title race, but still this knocks them out of European competition.

Top Bottom