1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Football transfers season 2007-2008

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Berrie, May 9, 2007.

1. Scratcher

Scratcher Emperor

^ I read this also. :sad:

Probably the right decision as he has hardly played for Liverpool this season, and has not made the most of his limited oppertunities. But he is still very much a favourite of the fans. I saw him outside of the stadium in Istanbul 2005, and he was given lots of respect and a few songs.

Liverpool are set to sign Brazilian midfielder Lucas Levia from Gremio. The 20 year old will join the reds at the start of next season. (Liverpool FC website).

Personally, I've never heard of him.

2. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Saturday's gossip.

Blackburn striker Benni McCarthy has issued a come-and-get-me plea to Chelsea. (The Sun)

Reading midfielder Steve Sidwell is set to sign for Chelsea on Monday after completing a medical. (The Sun)

And the Royals have joined Leicester in the chase for Birmingham's Julian Gray. (The Sun)

PSV Eindhoven defender Alex is set to join Chelsea, who effectively own him but have loaned him out to the Dutch club, in the summer. (Daily Star)

Aston Villa are set to move for Manchester City defender Sylvain Distin. (Daily Star)

Bolton will let Nicolas Anelka leave in the summer - but only if they receive a bid of £20m for him. (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal want to beat Juventus to the signing of £5m-rated Bordeaux and France midfielder Rio Antonio Mavuba. (Daily Mirror)

Liverpool are ready to pay £8m for Brazil Under-21 captain Lucas Leiva, who plays for Gremio. (Daily Mirror)

Former Middlesbrough defender Abel Xavier is joining David Beckham at LA Galaxy. (Daily Mirror)

Celtic are set to complete the signing of Dungannon Swifts striker Mark McAllister on Saturday. (Daily Record)

Hibs want to sign Daryl Duffy from Hull, but face a fight with Swansea for his services. (Daily Record)

Meanwhile, Hibs keeper Zibi Malkowski's transfer to First Division champions Gretna appears to have broken down. (Daily Record)

Alternatively you could just go o the BBC although the transfer rumours section is generally not really that great as they are just rumours.

3. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

Who the hell would pay anywhere near that for him

4. Berrie

Berrie Proud father

Confirmed transfers:

- Lukas Sinkiewicz (21 year old German international) from FC Köln to Leverkusen
    - Theofanis Gekas (Greek) from Bochum to Leverkusen
    - Triguinho (28 year old Brazilian) from Sao Caetano to Anderlecht

5. Daimon

Daimon 50 post-er

Liverpool have already confirmed the signings of the follwing players:

Andriy Voronin (free) - 27 year old Ukrainian link-up striker, his Bayer Leverkusen contract runs out in july.

Sebastian Leto (2 mil) - 19 (?) year old argentinian left winger, good prospect for the future.

Lucas Leiva (6 mil) - 19 (?) year old Brazilian holding midfielder. Brazil U20 captain, another good prospect.

Other signings :

Scott Brown has completed a move to Scottish champions Celtic.

Reading midfielder Steve Sidwell has undergone a medical at Chelsea and looks set to sign.

6. Catharsis

Catharsis catch u on the flip scythe

Sulley Ali Muntari should be on his way to Portsmouth.

7. ulsterman88

ulsterman88 4-2 Rangers rule supreme!

If the rumours are true Huntelaar of Ajax could be on his way to Man Utd (scum.....cough.....cough) that would be scary.

8. col

col Old Fart Retired Moderator

Titus Bramble had finally been chopped from Newcastle. Quick work Sam.

9. willemvanoranje

willemvanoranje Curitibano

Yes it would. The man made 50 goals last season, 36 goals this season.. with two games to play. But I think it's just rumours; Barcelona was mentioned, even AZ was mentioned a while ago. I don't think Scheeringa would have 15-20 million euros though.

As for Sneijder.. Valencia and Barça sent delegations to Amsterdam.

10. PrinceOfLeigh

PrinceOfLeigh Wigan, England

Hardly footballing genius to know that he's not up to the mark. I'm pretty sure that anyone other than Gled Roeder could see that.

11. Darkology

Darkology Chieftain

well Argentinian left full back Aruabarrena from Villarreal will join AEK athens this summer :) :) :)

and Rivaldo is leaving Olympiacos

12. Scratcher

Scratcher Emperor

On sky news this morning they said Brian Robson is the new Sheffield Utd manager.

13. ParadigmShifter

ParadigmShifter Random Nonsense Generator

I hope Everton don't sell Arteta. We could do with Robbie Keane too. And maybe Michael Owen will come back to his Dad's club (unlikely). Plus Robbie Fowler was a boyhood Evertonian, as much as I hate him (although he must qualify in the top 10 for world's ugliest footballer). He's past it now, too much coke probably. I prefer Pepsi.

EDIT: Pepsi comes in a blue bottle of course!

14. PrinceOfLeigh

PrinceOfLeigh Wigan, England

And without a Cup ;)

15. Berrie

Berrie Proud father

Another confirmed one:

- Owen Hargreaves goes to ManU after 10 years Playing for Bayern Munich (ManU paid around € 25m for the 26-year-old)

16. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Just Basking in my glory....

Apparantly it was £17 million. Not sure how that compares to euroe's

Heres some rumours i found out myself ;)

Manchester United will turn their attentions to Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Tores, Sporting Lisbon winger Nani and Southampton defender Gareth Bale after capturing Owen Hargreaves. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea have entered the bidding to land West Ham striker Carlos Tevez, although the Blues will face competition from Real Madrid. (The Independent)

Manchester City defender Sylvain Distin will join Portsmouth this week after rejecting a return to Newcastle. (Various)

Everton will make a £4m bid for Sheffield United captain Phil Jagielka but face a battle with Wigan to land the midfielder. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea are set to win a battle with Bolton to sign 15-year-old Oldham striker Danny Philliskirk. (Daily Mirror)

Ipswich have had a £350,000 bid for Blackburn striker Francis Jeffers rejected. (Various)

Coventry hope to sign American goalkeeper Kenneth Kronholm from Dusseldorf. (Daily Mirror, Daily Mail)

Charlton are preparing a £2m swoop for Crewe striker Luke Varney. (Daily Mirror)

Juventus want Liverpool pair Xabi Alonso and Momo Sissoko and Newcastle forward Obafemi Martins after returning to Serie A. (The Independent)

Middlesbrough are in the hunt for Aberdeen skipper Russell Anderson. (Daily Record)

Newcastle, Bolton and Manchester City are keen on Liverpool defender Sami Hyypia. (Daily Mail)

17. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

How can you bask in the glory of a rumour that has been consistantly around for years?

18. -0blivion-

-0blivion- Musically inclined

Sidwell confirmed move to Chelsea - bad move for him in my opinion, I have met and chatted to him in WHSmith a few times in town and he seemed a down to earth bloke, Im just not convinced he is top four material after watching him all season. Definitely a top half team, I expected him to go to Villa or Spurs.

19. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

by years you mean one year since his good showing at the world cup?

and here was me thinking that most brits understood sarcasm...

20. Berrie

Berrie Proud father

Two more confirmed transfers:

- Joonas Kolkka (Finnish Midfielder): Feyenoord --> NAC Breda
    - Yaroslav Drobny (Czech goalkeeper): Bochum --> Hertha Berlin