For beggining players!

Infested-Jerk

Chieftain
I've done a topic like this before, but this time, I'm going to include details from my game, of civ three, gold edition.

My game Specifics:
Dificulty: Cheiftan
Race: Persia
I chose persia because of the Imortals which are great in teh ancient era, and the fact that if I can get The great library, I should get an Golden Age. (It's happened often to me, so we'll see.)
Rivals: Babylon and Aztecs
World Specifics:
Size:Tiny
Barbarians: Sedentary
Continents with 70% water coverage
Wet, Temperate, and an age of 4 billion years.

Allowed Victories:
Conquest
Cultural
Space race
Domination

Accelerated Production is on, Civ Specific Abileties is on, and cultural conversions is on.

Okay, I'll begin my game.

Some of my tips for beginning:
Get iron pronto
Expand like mad.
Currency, and Rupublic are crucial techs to my style of play.

To state my plan for ancient/medieval era:
Expand to extent of my land.
Get democracy as my government type.
Get a booming economy so I can bribe comps easily, and so I can later rush airports/harbors in cities if I go to war.
Become technology leader.

So let me play a couple of turns and repot what I'm doing:

(A request, how in the world do you take screenshots of Civ3?)
I've started right next to a small pond, perfect, this will allow for a nuclear plant later if I want. (And a above size six city, so that it'll be a great defensive place.) So i'll settle.

So for my first couple of turns I did:
Settled
Started work on Barracks. (I'll explain why)
Started research on Iron WOrking

I built a barracks to give my city time to expand to level 2-3, so I can get a settler or warrior.
Settler for a new city, warrior to explore.

Okay, next couple of turns:
Built worker for exploration
Contacted my govener for my capital so I could set some things straight.
I would highly suggest using the govener to manage citisen moods it really reduces the small details of every city.

Okay, I've got a settler, and I've moved it northeast towards a bunch of mountains:
More chances of Iron
Shields, this will probably be a good production, but low population city.

Woa, setback, aztec started northeast of my capital, the new city is a small way aways. But this means Iron is gonna be REALLY important, especialy If I decide he has to die.

Aztecs contacted me, offered ceramonial buriel for Iron working, I put masonry for ceramonial, because they don't need iron.
My new city paid off, iron is one square away form the border.\

Okay as I finish:
I now have four cities, two to the northeast of my cpital near aztec's capital, and one to teh south east.
iron and horses are both right outside my teritory. :cool:
I just got alphabet from a goodyhut, and I'm doing well. (Wealthiest nation in teh world!!!)

Well, I'll add more later

Infested-Jerk said:
(A request, how in the world do you take screenshots of Civ3?)
From the FAQ on the main CivFanatics site menu:

Main Site FAQ said:
How do I take screenshots?

Use the capture-function of a graphics program
or
Hit the 'Prt Scrn' button on your keyboard. Then open a graphics program such as Paint (you can use the windows key, then go to Programs....Accessories ...Paint, this way you don't need to exit the game), then you 'paste' and there's the screenshot! Remember to reduce the image size a bit, or crop it, and save the file as .JPG.
There are also lots of screenshot programs you can download at download.com.

Top Bottom