1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

For Christmas, I got Civ Colonization instead of the original Civ 4 CD

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by DMOC, Dec 26, 2009.

1. DMOC

DMOC Mathematician

I kinda needed the original civ 4 CD to install the game on my other computers.

So what should I do? Celebrate? Groan in despair? :D Be thankful for what I have?

2. Ambidexter

Ambidexter Edjumacated Idjit

Suicide is always an option. :suicide: Or you could find out where the game was bought and see if the store will do a swap.

3. Chiyochan

Chiyochan King

this, alternatively give your computer to someone in africa.

4. DMOC

DMOC Mathematician

Er, Colonization is that bad, I presume (I don't check the Colonization forum but I have now since I'm learnign the basics of the game now).

5. jhflif

jhflif Chieftain

Nah, I don't think Colonization is bad per se, it's just less "open" if you know what I mean. The victory conditions are always the same, and there's only one type of victory... I never would have bought this game, but I lost my old Civ 4 CDs, and seeing Civ 4 Complete on sale for $40 seemed like a great deal (at Direct 2 Drive) and only after I had purchased all of the 4 games, I realized that I already had BTS from a previous purchase, and didn't need or want Warlords or Colonization. I could have just bought vanilla Civ 4 for $20 less. :(

6. davelisowski

davelisowski Spartan

get a digital copy of Civ 4

7. MaximusDarcy

MaximusDarcy Chieftain

Did you have that moment when you opened the gift and uttered "uh-thanks just what i wanted"?

8. mrg1808

mrg1808 Chieftain

Do what I did - sell it on Ebay then buy something else.... :)