1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

For deity players, what % of randomly set games can you win?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Levgre, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Levgre

Levgre King

I have been using the following settings with quickstart

Pangaea
    Standard size
    Normal speed
    Random shoreline

Random Civ/Leader

Is it possible to consistently win on these settings, like 50% or more?

Just the last one I was Isabella (poor worker techs) with no strategic resource in the BFC. There was corn, sheep, and the rest was forest.

I teched farming then animal husbandry, and there was a horse to settle a bit away, but by that time barbarian were rampant and barbarian cities were starting up.

Perhaps if I had researched bronze working, then archery to build up lots of archers so my cities could survive, i'd have had a chance? Or I could've went straight for archery, but then I'd have nothing for workers to do for much longer.

Or is using a leader like Isabella impossible at times since you do not get any worker techs, nor a headstart on animal husbandry, archery, or bronzeworking?

I have the save if anyone would want to try to win it... It would be interesting to see how it would be possible.

2. Quotey

Quotey Emperor

I'd like to try it, though I haven't actually won on deity yet.

I find the early-mid game (to Lib perhaps) easier on Deity than Emp/Immortal becaause you don't need to manage expasion that much, you just take what you get. It's afer that though... Deity AIs have such large stacks...

3. SnowlyWhite

SnowlyWhite Emperor

aside of the fact I always play fractal, with random leader, I'd say I win 30% or so; by watching the games of some posters around, I think there are people who can win over 60-70% of the starts.

that taking in acct. you'll inevitably get rushed sometimes, case in which you probably suck it up no matter what.

as a side note, I find izzy quite good to play; everything being nice, ok, bar the start techs which perfectly suck, fully agree :p

4. obsolete

obsolete Deity

In order to win 50% of deity games, you'd need to prevent getting rushed at least 50% of the time.

5. CivCorpse

CivCorpse Supreme Overlord of All

Atleast until you have 6 cities. Then the game is won.

6. BalbanesBeoulve

BalbanesBeoulve Emperor

Or maybe people are only posting 60-70% of their games.

7. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

I win all my deity games after I decide it's time to open worldbuilder...

Otherwise I haven't won one yet.

8. SnowlyWhite

SnowlyWhite Emperor

double post

9. SnowlyWhite

SnowlyWhite Emperor

shrug, doubt anyone cares that much...