For my visually impaired friend

JohnMK

Warlord
Hi folks,

I'm playing this mod in a multiplayer game with two friends of mine, and one of my friends is visually impaired. I'd like to help him out by tweaking the interface in a way that makes enemy units stand out much more obviously, especially or at least when they're in his own territory. This is a frustrating problem for him right now. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,

-John

Hi folks,

I'm playing this mod in a multiplayer game with two friends of mine, and one of my friends is visually impaired. I'd like to help him out by tweaking the interface in a way that makes enemy units stand out much more obviously, especially or at least when they're in his own territory. This is a frustrating problem for him right now. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,

-John

Look in the options menu and there is an option for "enemy glow". Not sure how much that will help.

Being low vision myself, what I do is turn grids on and zoom way WAY in. I use the sounds to great effect too. If there's an enemy, I haul all kinds of butt all over the perimeter of my empire.

My advice, make a mental map. Either write it down or find some way to grid it in your mind. Marathon games are best for this, obviously.

How VI is your friend? You can PM me if you'd like.

I don't know if he uses the military advisor, but if not then that could be a possibility. Have him open the military advisor (the shield and sword icon) and have him click the leader of interest - then select domestic territory. Unfortunately the flashing dots are rather small... so I am not sure if this will help him much, if at all. I also don't see much of a way to zoom in via the military advisor, but that would certainly be handy.

Use the events log (button upper left of main screen, shortcut key 'CTRL TAB').

In the events log a message will appear for every group of enemy units that has entered your borders. Click the message and the main map view will focus on that group of units. I'm not visually impaired, but I use this a lot as it's easy to miss something if you're playing on huge maps (as I always do).

This won't help you when the enemies are outside of your borders but still close to your cities.

Top Bottom