For the first time since Civ I....

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by VladTepes, Nov 25, 2005.

1. VladTepes

VladTepes Clown Prince of Wallachia

....I think I'll have to take a step down from diificulty level 3 to 2!

Is there anyone else that finds difficulty finishing before time runs out?? I currently have 86 turns left, and I just started Hollywood! I won't be able to do the space race, and really am scrambling to score points to try and win when 2050 comes!

2. oagersnap

oagersnap Emperor

I'm having the same problem. I guess I just have to get used to the game on chieftain... :blush:

3. Roetghoer

Roetghoer Warlord

Build cottages earlier in the game, u can spend more on tech, thus speeding up your game

4. Philips beard

Philips beard Prince

Hey, I started right on the noble level, was no problem, found it to easy after two or three games and moved on to Prince. I used to play the Emperor level in Civ 3, so I guess I'm a quite experienced player.....

But alot of other factors are important too, not just the difficulty level, I also play the standard map, and always with atleast 14 CIV's, so it's a bit crowded, and a struggle to survive..... ;)

5. mzprox

mzprox Prince

on higher difficulty the game is faster (I could launch my spaceship in 1730 on immortal dif. :) )

6. Philips beard

Philips beard Prince

Forgot to tell I always play the epic version too, but still think things are going to fast in the late ages.......

7. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Warlord

I agree. Cottages absolutely most be built early to have a strong economy in the late game.