1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

For the Horde?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Fafnir13, May 19, 2009.

1. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

whatabout enabling at something small like masonry or bronze ... BUT all units aquired in this way start with the Crazed promo :D

(the capital drop version)

2. Keeper_GFA

Keeper_GFA Prince

How about if (all or % of) nearby barbarians wandered over to your territory and when they got within your borders, they become your units.

3. digitCruncher

digitCruncher Emperor

I think it REALLY needs to change (either by effect, or by name... probably by effect)

I have two suggestions:

* All melee units inside cultural borders get a free cloned unit with no promotions or XP. If the initial unit has no XP, then the cloned unit start with the 'Weak' promotion (Only piddly orks will heed the call of the hoard if the people yelling it are also weak)

* All cities get n free draftable units, where n is the number of cities you control.

Both have the ability of starting weak, and getting stronger later (like most worldspells), and have OBVIOUS military usages...

Of course... some suggestions have been rather scary... 15 orcs in the capital on turn 1?? Ouch!!

4. Lord Alvon

Lord Alvon Chieftain

I noticed something really weird about this worldspell. When it was cast, the units with the "for the horde" promotion seemed to be hidden nationality. They were able to attack Ljosalfar warriors, workers, etc. without declaring war on them. Really weird, if you ask me.

5. Black Mech

Black Mech Nuked

Da ork boyz will give e' a ri' an proper... WAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!:nya: :aargh: :nya:

For the horde is fine as it is but maybe adding a ritual (as our freind the wagh boss described) that gets the clan a horde of maybe 5-6 units (but lower tier then what is currently being used like if you have axe-men you get warriors with the ritual) or gives a boost to your units for a short duration(maybe somehting like +1 attack or + some%).
    Would be interesting, oh and remember: its not easy being green :smug:

6. deadliver

deadliver Loud Mouth Amateur

This thread still active? Geez For the Horde roxors, you just need to roxor too.

7. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

I get very little mileage out of For the Horde. It never seems to do anything I can use. You meet people, but you never have enough units in one place to do more than rush a recently settled city or pillage some improvements. The barb rush does'nt happen early enough to get a lot of tribal huts, you can't explore dungeons without losing barb trait.

Its not even as powerful as Wild Hunt, another anaemic worldspell which at least has a couple of clear usages.

8. Fafnir13

Fafnir13 King

If you will recall, this thread has nothing to do with the actual usefulness of the world spell. It is one of the better ones, to be perfectly honest.

The problem, as stated, is that it is the diplomatic world spell. Someone crying "For the Horde!" does not usually connotate diplomacy.

The world spell, while useful, is not in keeping with the flavor of its name or its Civ.

9. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Honestly ... the worldspell in current form would do better in the Hands of the Sidar ... in the form of Invisible scouts popping everywhere .... mmmYESSSS :D

10. Fafnir13

Fafnir13 King

Ah, the joys of invisible scouts. I often use their spell early just for that.
    I kind of wish their starting scout would be invisible, just for kicks and giggles.

11. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

The Sidar need to be more interesting for MP purposes ... however the bug in 40z made them decently useful still :D ... now its a bit more Challenging