For the King

smusebaer

Warlord
Would it be possible, that the godking of the god king civic could be an unit?
And if he is killed, a few rounds anarchie and than a new godking spawns?
Sure, there is not need for a Godkingunit.... but it would be cool.
:king:

Well, the problem with that would be "well, I just killed Valledia, but she's still leading her country... and look, they rebuilt her!" It would be cool though.
Now, a fanatical guard unit that could be built would be awesome. Help counter the awesomness of city states.

Well, the problem with that would be "well, I just killed Valledia, but she's still leading her country... and look, they rebuilt her!" It would be cool though.
Now, a fanatical guard unit that could be built would be awesome. Help counter the awesomness of city states.

Not quite a BAD idea, but not a necessary one. The point of God King is that it is undeniably the best until your third or fourth city starts maturing. CIty states is only really good in large empires, so there's not really any competiton between the two.

Of course the new king would be a new one, or the old one was just mortaly wounded and needed the time to get well again :).
And actualy it´s a disadcantage, because a single Assasin could cause anarchie in your land.

In a way a neat idea, but why would the Godking-civic be the only one to grant it? Your leader stays the same, no matter what front you put to the people. Plus, what would it do for civilizations like the Infernal, Mercurians and Illians who already have their leader as a unit? The godking isn't actually a god, just a king who pretends and is worshipped as one like the imperial Romans before their christianization, the pharaohs of ancient Egypt or Japan before the second world war. I like the fanatical guard idea though, but then again there is a unique feature like that for one government (or whatever the name of this bar was) civic, aristocracy.

I really wish royal guard was a god king unit, not aristocracy.

I really wish royal guard was a god king unit, not aristocracy.

You'd think with being "royal" and all, it would be.

Shouldn't the Ilians get a bonus for god king? (perhaps -75 war :mad:)

Anyways, It'd be difficult for the artists to make a large amounts of units for leaders that would be unlikely to be used that often

I agree that the Illians should thematically have a bonus, but at the moment, you're already really powerful so they don't need a boost. I think thier Palace already gives a WW bonus though.

Yeah, leader art is definitly too time consuming, and not worth it. Especially since some leaders won't be in combat situations anyways. Maybe someday, there will be a regicide modmod though...

Top Bottom