1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

For those that have the game -how is the quality of the manual??

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by mash22, Oct 26, 2005.

1. mash22

mash22 Chieftain

I am thinking if I should get a pre-order copy that has the spiral manual or just the regular copy?

Any input from the folks that have this game would be great? How many pages are there?

2. aggieweather

aggieweather Chieftain

I think it is a little late to get the preorder copy, seeing as the game is out now and most places with the preorder have sold almost all of them. Hence the pre-order.

3. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

Welcome to CivFanatics, though, Mash22. :dance:

The manual contains 220 pages.

M.

4. Rince

Rince King

The manual of the german version is quite bad style-wise. Paper looks cheap, the screenshots were taken with 100x100 pixels and are thus unreadable, there are some mistakes ("Sid Meyer's Civilization IV").

How the contents are i don't know cause i haven't read it.

Greetings,

Rince

5. mash22

mash22 Chieftain

thanks. the reason that I ask is that EBGames is still offering the pre-order spiral binder edition. It might be a mistake so I was not sure what to do? Order it or just go to the local store?

6. wit>trope

wit>trope Deity

Wait, is the manual content exactly 100% the same in both editions? Is the only difference the binding?

I sure hope so.

7. TownsendVol

TownsendVol Bringer of Justic & Hope

Not sure on the manual, wont read it till I cannot play the game. I love the Spiral bound due to easiness of reading it. Its thick and the screen shots are hard to read but in mine its due to size.

8. PointlesS

PointlesS Chieftain

pretty much...I bought it because I've never played a civ game in my life so I'll be having that manual open

9. rastak

rastak Emperor

Preorder edition of the manual is good....keyboard chart and tech tree are abosultely fantastic in my opinion. STUFFED with numbers and information.

Excellent reference.

10. pearle

pearle Chieftain

The preorder manual is pretty much a standard game manual. It's black and white (including screenshots) and has a spiral binding. Nothing special.

11. cecirdr

cecirdr Chieftain

Will the regular version of the game include the tech tree poster? That and a decent manual is all I really care about. I can't imagine playing Civ without a tech tree.

12. oagersnap

oagersnap Emperor

You'll still have the in-game tech tree, so I don't see why that is so important.

13. Naveed

Naveed Chieftain

Hi, Does the game come with the manual in electronic form? It would be wonderful if the German version has the English manual in the DVD, I would pick that and cancel my preorder at Play!

14. Eyemaze

Eyemaze Warlord

standard version had the tech tree poster in it I just opened it.

15. Rince

Rince King

I searched the german DVD and the game directories for PDF files and couldn't find any. So i think there's no manual in electronic form, sorry.

Rince

16. Naveed

Naveed Chieftain

Thanks alot, but it sucks :cry: Now I have to wait till 4th November, that's when Play.com will ship it, being in Germany could pick the German version any time, but can't understand German, so unlucky :cry:

17. elrfag

elrfag Chieftain

Could be an incentive to learn german. Always thought learning languages would be useful. :)