1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

For your consideration: UK prime minister as a leaderscore

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Edish, Jun 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edish

Edish Chieftain

In previous civ games, the lowest "rank" you could get was Dan Quayle, the former vice president of the US under the old Bush.

But maybe David Cameron should be considered for the post in Civ6 if certain criteria were to develop over the coming months? True that a politicians should not only be remembered for one thing but more the totality of their reign - but who can say anything about Neville Chamberlain expect "peace in our time"?

Mr Camerons recent and possibly future record:

- Disastrous decision to call a referendum to block a fringe party. Check.

- Failure to counter a campaign build on populism. Check.

- Unceremoniously stepping down to let other people clean up his instigated mess, with no plans left behind for a post-Brexit UK. Check.

- Forcing the UK out of EU, with the smallest of margin in a referendum, which will create internal division for years to come and economic hardship. Possibly check.

- Dooming the Union, and thus losing one or two parts (Scotland & Northern Ireland): Most likely check, at least Scotland.

- Reigniting the conflict in Northern Ireland. God lets hope not, but not impossible - semi check.

- Creating a rift towards it most important economic allies. Likely check.

- Setting up a situation in which the most likely candidate to take over as PM is by many commentators defined as a populist. Check.

Maybe it's still to early to see the real consequences, but for Civ7 it might be in the cards? :king:

2. toft

toft King

I feel like this has more to do with politics than civ6...

Having said that, David Cameron gets my respect because he respects democracy - no matter how stupid the voters are. The demagogue Farage also not to blame. The only ones you can blame is the voters really. I understand why people are disappointed in the EU, but honestly the alternative is worse...

3. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

My stance on this is pretty simple:
    Please leave current politics out of the game. Thanks.

4. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Moderator

Moderator Action: Please talk about politics in the Off Topic area of the forum, thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.