Forbes glorifying Kylie Jenner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, poverty, war and fascism are kinda black marks against it, too.
Not fascism. The fascists managed the economy. The principal distinction from the communists is that they managed through control of the existing business hierarchy rather than throwing them out. In both political theories, the economy is fully managed and not market-based. In practice, neither has worked well except on a wartime basis.

And we've found what people pretty much mean when they say taxes are theft.
There are those that say that war is armed robbery writ large.

J

Amazon are basically robbers in the sense that their working conditions are horrible at best and that they get all kinds of tax evasions.

However, they are an amazing company for an individual consumer.

Which makes us complicit in any abuse Amazon visits upon its workers. Because it is our demand for next-day and even same-day delivery at rock bottom prices that drives Amazon to crack the whip on their employees for almost slave wages like they do. If we were okay waiting a few days or even a few weeks to receive what we ordered, maybe Amazon would consider easing up on their employees a bit.

I mean, poverty, war and fascism are kinda black marks against it, too.

Yeah, because those things only exist in capitalist systems right?

I agree that people like Bezos should be held accountable for their decisions, specifically, by their necks.

But the problem is, whether or not people should be held accountable for their decisions has only so much bearing on what consequence those decisions have. You can't simply decide to be rich, else, everyone would do it. Those few who set out from humble means, "deciding" to be rich, and making it to the finish line, are so far away from the centre of the curve that they may as well be sitting in a cave eating ten thousand spiders every day. Even if we uphold the unconvincing fairytale that all rich people have exhibited exemplary talent, intelligent and work ethic to get there, it doesn't follow that any amount of talent, intelligent or work ethic are sufficient to make a person rich.

The self made millionaires/billionaires all share a common trait of risk taking, sometimes this risk doesn't work out and sometimes it does. I guess it comes down to calculated risk and having the odds in their favour.

Which makes us complicit in any abuse Amazon visits upon its workers. Because it is our demand for next-day and even same-day delivery at rock bottom prices that drives Amazon to crack the whip on their employees for almost slave wages like they do. If we were okay waiting a few days or even a few weeks to receive what we ordered, maybe Amazon would consider easing up on their employees a bit.
:rotfl:

That's the reality in Canada, even with Amazon Prime. I don't get my stuff in two days; it takes longer, and waiting 2-3 weeks or more for Marketplace items is normal.

I've never had same-day, or even next-day service from Amazon. I never know who is going to be delivering my orders - an Amazon driver, Canada Post, UPS, or The Courier That Shall Not Be Named Because That Company Doesn't Understand Privacy Or The Concept Of Spam Accounts On Forums. I hope it's going to be delivered by the guaranteed delivery date, but have learned not to count on that... even though I do have a Prime account.

Time was never my top reason for going for Prime. What I like is that I don't need to worry about having to buy $35 worth of stuff at the same time in order to get free shipping.

Those aren't unique to capitalism of course but you knew that.
Yeah, because those things only exist in capitalist systems right?
Well, it's not like I'm out here defending feudalism.

Why would they? Amazon applies this sort of pressure to its employs to its staff because they can. If demand was relaxed, they would just hire less employees, while making the remaining employees do the same work.

These sort of practices don't persist because the public demands them, but because the public is prepared to tolerate then.

Last edited:
I don't know any personally. They aren't the people I'm talking about. I run working class and lower middle*. They mean something when they utter those words, it applies to them personally. It's pretty much what you just argued. Life is funny like that. Hysterical sometimes even, I agree. Kylie, famous for being pretty, enabled by a leaked tape of a family member getting rogered, herself enabled by lineage, is indeed probably extraordinarily overcompensated for the long years of grueling professional toil she has contributed to us. :p

For my tax begrudging peeps, these are drinkers of vice taxed booze, smokers of vice taxed cigarettes, hiders of dope, non recipients of title protections, payers of property taxes on thier mortgaged low value houses**, dezinens of a financially mismanaged state.

But you know, like accuracy matters when people want to move thier bowels about people instead of principles. Is that cool? It might be. I've never had a good gague on cool. Sometimes it happens to happen.

*and damned lucky to do so.

**I personally had an interesting conversation with a banker when I mentioned that the fees associated with taking out the home loan were going to wind up probably costing as much or more than the interest itself over the lifetime of the mortgage. I poop you not, the answer was pretty much "Well, they'd seem more reasonable if it was a bigger loan." Love it.

Last edited:
These sort of practices don't persist because the public demands them, but because the public is prepared to tolerate then.
The public dont give a damn, same as with factory farming or kids in Asia making their iPhone or sewing their sweaters.

What ethical companies do you get your needs met by?

I don't know any personally. They aren't the people I'm talking about. I run working class and lower middle*. They mean something when they utter those words, it applies to them personally. It's pretty much what you just argued. Life is funny like that. Hysterical sometimes even, I agree. Kylie, famous for being pretty, enabled by a leaked tape of a family member getting rogered, herself enabled by lineage, is indeed probably extraordinarily overcompensated for the long years of grueling professional toil she has contributed to us. :p

For my tax begrudging peeps, these are drinkers of vice taxed booze, smokers of vice taxed cigarettes, hiders of dope, non recipients of title protections, payers of property taxes on thier mortgaged low value houses**, dezinens of a financially mismanaged state.

But you know, like accuracy matters when people want to move thier bowels about people instead of principles. Is that cool? It might be. I've never had a good gague on cool. Sometimes it happens to happen.

*and damned lucky to do so.

**I personally had an interesting conversation with a banker when I mentioned that the fees associated with taking out the home loan were going to wind up probably costing as much or more than the interest itself over the lifetime of the mortgage. I poop you not, the answer was pretty much "Well, they'd seem more reasonable if it was a bigger loan." Love it.
upon trying to analyze this mess i have come to the conclusion that you aren't entirely sure what i argued with my one liner

Well, it's not like I'm out here defending feudalism.

Doesn't matter. You said those things were strikes against capitalism, implying those things only exist under capitalist systems.

Why would they? Amazon applies this sort of pressure to its employs to its staff because they can. If demand was relaxed, they would just hire less employees, while making the remaining employees do the same work.

This sounds like a weak justification for you to continue to reap the benefits of Amazon's horrid labor practices without having to accept your share of responsibility in their workers' plight.

upon trying to analyze this mess i have come to the conclusion that you aren't entirely sure what i argued with my one liner
You perceived a clear post as a mess after trying to analyze it and your takeaway isn’t that it’s you?

You perceived a clear post as a mess after trying to analyze it and your takeaway isn’t that it’s you?
it was a mess

not unlike other posts coming from people in this thread who think it's possible to be a moral billionaire

and certainly not unlike pretty much every take i've seen you post in any thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom