Forbidden Palace corruptionn flag

Keroro

Dororo: Ninja Frog
The forbidden palace requires a certain amount of cities before you build it. But in the editor the only flag that appears to be checked is the reduces corruption wonder flag. My first question is: Does the reduces corruption wonder flag control whether a wonder will require a certain amount of cities to be founded before it can be built? Or is there another flag somewhere else that controls this?

Hope this makes sense. :crazyeye: As always, thanks in advance for any help. :)

hi Keroro :)

i'm pretty sure that there is not any type of necessary city amount needed in order to build a building which has these attributes. at least this is what i've discovered in my experiences w/ the 'reduces corruption' flag.

i do know though that the 'reduces corruption' flag for wonders is far more effectve at chopping corruption than the regualr 'reduces corruption' flag for the city imp's.

i hope that answers your question :D

Yes there is that map size specific city number requirement.

I have plenty of "Reduces Corruption" wonders. And, unfortunately you can't build them as you get them.
One example from my mod is the "Sanhedrin" which is available as soon as you have a Jewish Community yet you can't build it till you have enough cities.

I hope this helps::)

Thanks to all for the help, some interesting points there. Hi El Justo, :) nice to see you. I'd guess that you've probably forgotten more about modding than I ever knew, but I think you must be wrong on this one. :p In scenarios like AoI you probably don't notice the city requirement so much because there are so many cities on the map. I certainly concur with your observation on the efficacy of the wonder flag though, it's far more effective.

My experience has led me towards what Heretic Cata and Civinator (Hi guys :)) have noted, but I was unclear as to whether there was a seperate flag for requiring a certain amount of cities and the actual reducing corruption flag. I did a little testing in fact, and what I found out was that you don't seem to be able to build any improvement with the 'reduces corruption' wonder flag (like the FP) until you have a certain amount of cities - as the screenie from Civinator suggests. It seems that the amount of cities requirement is linked to the 'reduces corruption' wonder flag, (damn hard-coded flags :mad:) so that any improvement with that flag is unbuildable until you have the necessary amount of cities, though of course you can pre-place them in scenarios.

So, it's a little clearer now, thanks for the assistance all. :goodjob:

I know that the number is relative to the optimum city number in the World Sizes screen, but I don\'t have civ with me, so I can\'t remember how.

Hmm, on the topic of OCN - does the building of the FP increase this number? I seem to remember reading somewhere that it does. Then, if you have two FP flagged Small Wonders, then when can you build the second one? Does civ3 use the maps OCN to work out when you can build the second FP, or does it use the new OCN from after you build the FP to work that out. Final question - does that last question make any sense? :mischief:

Like i said in my mod. There are more than 1 FP flagged wonders, small and big.
When one is available for the build, then all are.(Captiol Building & Vatican was the combination i remember seeing often; Forbiden Palace & Sanhedrin also) The initial OCN is what matters.

And the last question is kinda ... mind-boggling :crazyeye:; but if you take it one logical sentence after the other then it makes sense. :D

@ Heretic Cata - thanks. :) There are loads of FP style wonders in my scenario, so it's kinda important to know when they can be built. I really must try your mod sometime too...

This might be the last question I put in this thread - are the OCN bonuses from the FP cumulative? I mean, if I have 3 wonders that all have the FP flag then does my OCN go up three times as much as if I only had one? If I had a ton of these wonders then I could almost get rid of corruption from the number of cities altogether, right?

I really must try your mod sometime too...
:D

You should wait for the expansion tho, i have a feeling it's coming this march. :mischief:
This might be the last question I put in this thread - are the OCN bonuses from the FP cumulative? I mean, if I have 3 wonders that all have the FP flag then does my OCN go up three times as much as if I only had one? If I had a ton of these wonders then I could almost get rid of corruption from the number of cities altogether, right?
I'm afraid i don't know the answer to that. I don't know exactly how much the OCN increases ...

Top Bottom