1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Forbidden Palace INCREASES maintenance

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Slarki, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Slarki

Slarki Chieftain

The forbidden Palace increases maintenance and inflation. I lose -400 Gold with this wonder per turn.

2. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I cannot reproduce this (added Forbidden Palace into a save using WB and maintenance went down as expected). Could you provide me before and after saves to analyse please. If you can't get a before save from your autosaves then at least the after one.

3. Slarki

Slarki Chieftain

4. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Can you tell me a bit about the version(s) of C2C this game has been played with? Was it started under V25 and only played under V25, or was it started under an earlier vesrion and continued under V25 (or is it being played with ongoing SVN versions and periodic upgrades)?

If the answer to the above is anything except 'started under and onmly played under V25', did you do the modifier recalc on each upgrade? (the game would have prompted for it on load so if you'd said 'yes' each time that would have done the recalc)

5. Slarki

Slarki Chieftain

I startet with v24 and continued under v25. I dont use nightly builds.
    I recalced it after I switched to v25.
    (I dont know if its notable but I lost 100 gold per turn because of this. Might be nerfing.)

6. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Could you try loading the first save and doing a forced recalculation (ctrl-shift-T) and let me know what happens please.

7. Slarki

Slarki Chieftain

After I used the recalculation, I lose -450 Gold (from +500 gold per turn to +40 gold per turn).
    But on the next turn, the forbidden Palace work as intended (+40 extra Gold).
    Just for fun, I do another recalculation, and i get extra gold per turn from it (+60), then I did it 3 times more and each time I get +1 gold per turn.

8. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Right. Here are my findings so far:
    1. I think the Forbidden Palace itself is operating fine. The reason it causes an apparent increase in maintenance is not that it actually does, it's that building it causes maintenance to be recalculated, and if the previous values were not correct in respect of your current assets (i.e. - not recalculated based on the latest asset change from installing an upgrade) then you see some of the effects of the new assets all at once triggered by the FP build. If you recalculate first to normalise everything and then build the FP it has the expected reduction effects
    2. The maintenance breakdown in the hover text for city maintenance in the financial advisor is incorrect (I forgot to update it to include building maintenance, wich is HIGHLY significant in V25 due to the way negative gold from buildings is now handled). As a result it reports a (very) misleading number for distance maintenance
    3. Abandonning a city definately is not working correctly in terms of maintenance recalculation, but I haven't yet pinned down exactly what it is doing wrong - I'm continuing to work on this
    4. Doing a forced recalc multiple times should not lead to any changes after the first time. The fact that it does implies there is a bug here, which is probably also playing into the observed maintenance issues. I will look into this

9. Slarki

Slarki Chieftain

aaah ok, thanks!
    Do you also experienced the sound bug?

10. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Since I always play with sound off...no...not my area anyway - hopefully one of the others will look at that or respond to you.

11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

I can't help, I lost all sound when I upgraded my machine to Win 7 and have not had time to figure out how to get it back.

12. Slarki

Slarki Chieftain

ok :-(

13. Slarki

Slarki Chieftain

The gold per turn bug has been fixed in v27, while the sound bug still appears.