Forbidden Palace. Is it that necessary?

The End Is Nigh

Repent!!!
In recent games I have noticed something strange about the effect of the Forbidden Palace, to such an extent that I avoid building it.

I usually play on large maps because I like having loads of cities, usually 30-40 on Regent level.

Gradually my more distant cities are not so bad as initially - as if the effect of the initial Palace in my capital is growing. Upon building the Forbidden Palace, those distant cities all of a sudden have increased corruption and low productivity.

This has made me question the necessity of building the Forbidden Palace which I think may even be counter-productive. Try it, and you'll see what I am talking about.

Ummm, what version of Civ are you playing? Some of the early versions noted this problem and the problem has been patched...

The End Is Nigh said:
Gradually my more distant cities are not so bad as initially - as if the effect of the initial Palace in my capital is growing. Upon building the Forbidden Palace, those distant cities all of a sudden have increased corruption and low productivity.
Corruption is such a complex issue...

...but generally, you need to look at the overall effect on your empire. My guess is that there are some mid-level cities that are being made more productive in your games.

I cannot remember a game in which the empire's total income didn't increase at least a little...

On top of that, a well chosen FP city can often be made as productive as the capitol....

Top Bottom