1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Force Pre-Made Map for Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Lord Constantin, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Lord Constantin

Lord Constantin Chieftain

So outside of introducing myself, this is my first time posting here. That said, I've scoured all over the place and looked through many XML files and editing the WBS, but I can't for the life of me figure this out.

I have a feeling the answer will end up being really simple and I'll feel like a dolt, but if I have a pre-made map that I want to use in a mod, is there a way to set it so that the mod can only use that pre-made map (e.g. the Mesoamerican mod)? I've already figured out how to grey out game speed and other options. But how can I get it so that there are no map options and it always uses the same map?

Thank you in advance for the response. :)

2. phungus420

phungus420 Chieftain

In the ini file of the mod you'll find this line:
    Code:
    ; Scenario file (Single player)
    ForceScenario = 0
    You use that. As an example here is how the Charlemagne mod forces it's map.
    Code:
    ; Scenario file (Single player)
    ForceScenario = Charlemagne.CivBeyondSwordWBSave

3. Lord Constantin

Lord Constantin Chieftain

Awesome! Many thanks. Like I thought though, it was something staring at me from right under my nose. :p