1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Forceware 81.98 fixes terrain graphic corruption and helped performance

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by Lord Foortwenti, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Lord Foortwenti

Lord Foortwenti Chieftain

One of the listed fixes in the latest nVidia driver is that the corrupted terrain textures are fixed. Now, it says it is listed as a fix for the 7800 GTX, which I have. So I'm not able to say one way or the other if it fixes this problem on other nVidia chipsets, but it does indeed fix the problem terain corruption for the 7800 GTX. I would imagine (read: hope) it does though.

It's at least worth a try for those having a problem with corrupted terrain.

I also wanted to say that although it isn't listed as a fix with these drivers, I did notice a nice increase in end game performance as well. I don't know if maybe the corrupted textures were bogging the card down or if it's something seperate they did with the driver but it is very nice.