Forcing a Collapse

Gruekiller

Back From The Beyond
Supporter
I've decided to try something new and interesting: to conquer Spain (preferably before 1000 AD), move the capital to Cordoba or Seville, and play the rest of the game as "Al-Andalus". The thing is, how can I force the Arabian Caliphate to collapse and leave me just with my new capital in Spain?

I've decided to try something new and interesting: to conquer Spain (preferably before 1000 AD), move the capital to Cordoba or Seville, and play the rest of the game as "Al-Andalus". The thing is, how can I force the Arabian Caliphate to collapse and leave me just with my new capital in Spain?

If you are already aware of it, nevermind me, but there is a modmod called RFC:Europe, which enables you to play as the Cordoba Caliphate as a real civ, right from the bat?

Can't you just keep either Babylon or Persia alive and gift them what holdings you have in Arabia?

You'll miss out on the shrines though, so you may run into some cashflow issues :D

Those French really do put up a a fight, eh? ;)

Your stability would've been much better, if you had forced a collapse. But notheless interesting scenario, make a story out of it.

Well I sort of already played to 1700 without taking any more screenshots... :o But some day I'll force a collapse instead, as you noted, and actually take pictures.

EDIT: 1620, rather. At any rate, my final screenshot. (al-Borduah not pictured, but it's doing fine, too)

Settled Rabat and won back Surt from the Ethiopians. There was much rejoicing. I built the Taj Mahal in Bordeaux, and used the opportunity to switch to some better civics. I was planning to eventually "colonize" the Arabian peninsula, but my friends the Ottomans have already beat me to it. :( However, I suspect that Ethiopia's close to collapsing. I just need to find a way to push them over the edge and snatch up Somalia. :evil:

I advise destroying Mali for the little useless pests they truly are.

You need to invade Messana for histories sake.

Or you could just take all of Europe. I'm not picky.

Has anyone created an Arabian empire stretching all the way from Rabat in the West to Jakarta in the East?

I guess what I'm asking is... has anyone united all of the Muslim peoples of the world?

Top Bottom