Forcing 'Em to Leave

one2tieyourshoe

Warlord
I hate having multiple religions in my country. I get one religion (preferably a Western one) and stick with it. I hate (HATE HATE HATE) having multiple religions in my country. :mad:

My question is can I force a religion to leave my city after it's got a foothold if it's not my state religion? :mischief:

And I get annoyed when the loser religion that is lowest on the totem pole spreads to my city that is currently missing a religion. My people are winners. They don't want any loser religions. Or maybe that's just my belief. :mad:

I wish I could make 'em all leave. Go to back to their stupid religion's homeland. :sad:

Even when I have free religion, my people can have any religion they want, as long as it is my secret state religion. :king:

I get one religion (preferably a Western one) and stick with it. I hate (HATE HATE HATE) having multiple religions in my country. :mad:

Well technically, there are no "Western" religions if by western you refer to North America. And plus, Christianity shouldn't even exist in the first place because Jesus was Jewish.

Oh, the irony.

Too bad mormonism isn't in the game, that's one you'd like, a good ol' American invention it was...now that I think of it, scientology would be another good western religion example.

Well technically, there are no "Western" religions if by western you refer to North America. And plus, Christianity shouldn't even exist in the first place because Jesus was Jewish.

Oh, the irony.

Are you :smoke: ?
By "western" he means western hemisphere, just like it always does. Admittedly it's really strange that he only wants those, but whatever. And what do you mean, Christianity shouldn't exist? Are you saying that all Christians should call themselves Jews? Because... that's a really weird thing to say.

Admittedly it's really strange that he only wants those, but whatever.

Mainly I don't like the peace-loving-ness of the Eastern religions. Plus I like the symbols better with the Western religions. :crazyeye:

You can always run theocracy. Alternatively, there are mods that introduce inquisition

This is the stupidest post i've ever seen.

Agreed. It was almost flame bait, since it could have been worded "how do I make sure only my state religion is present in my civ" or something, instead of a remark about "western religions". That only drew fire about Jesus being jewish, etc.

Best answer: run theocracy. If not, its just too bad. Like Sinclair said on an old Babylon five episode "If one religion is right, maybe they all have to be right. Maybe God doesn't care how you say your prayers, just that you say them."

In the later stage, the more religions you have in your cities, the better. Isn't it so? You can build temples and get extra happiness :)

In the later stage, the more religions you have in your cities, the better. Isn't it so? You can build temples and get extra happiness :)

Yup,I try to get as many religions as you can. If you switch to free religion, each religion = 1 happy face. More temples means more culture and last but certainly not least, if you have all your religions well spread, you can prevent your opponent from winning via Appolistic Palace, because you then also have a huge amount of votes...

Hi

Nope sorry once a religion spreads to a city its stuck there.

Kaytie

Hehehe, or you have to become extreemly evil.

Gift the city to someone you hate, declare war, RAZE and rebuild....bit of a hassle but them heathens will burn ;)

And 10% extra research.

I can almost agree with the OP, I like having just the one religion throughout my nation, and it can be any religion, just from a 'neatness' point of view.

I don't like having multiple religions here and there just because it looks untidy, all the different wee icons on my cities. Although once I hit free religion I don't mind because the ingame benefits outweigh my 'neatness' issue quite a bit.

I agree with you, i hate having multiple religions aswell. I restart if any religion spread to my cities before i can oracle-slinghot myself to theology, and fund christianity and adopt theocracy.

This is how i like to roleplay my games, but it still doesnt make me neither a nazi nor a religious fanatic irl. More like a careface actually.

People that get offended by such threads should try to calm down a little :)

I agree with you, i hate having multiple religions aswell. I restart if any religion spread to my cities before i can oracle-slinghot myself to theology, and fund christianity and adopt theocracy.

This is how i like to roleplay my games, but it still doesnt make me neither a nazi nor a religious fanatic irl. More like a careface actually.

People that get offended by such threads should try to calm down a little :)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh you are <insert random insult> bunny!!!!!!!!

<start of long rant about intollerance>

<start of subtile insults>

<some more ranting>

<gross insult regarding your pet fish elvis>

<finish ranting>

<verbal threats>

And I hope you have learned your lesson PibbZ!!!! ;)

Agreed. It was almost flame bait, since it could have been worded "how do I make sure only my state religion is present in my civ" or something, instead of a remark about "western religions". That only drew fire about Jesus being jewish, etc.

Best answer: run theocracy. If not, its just too bad. Like Sinclair said on an old Babylon five episode "If one religion is right, maybe they all have to be right. Maybe God doesn't care how you say your prayers, just that you say them."

I wasn't trying to fame bait or anything. I was being honest. :rolleyes:

And anyways, I rarely if ever can get to Buddhism or Hinduism before the computer mainly because I am trying to get other techs that will get my country started. :crazyeye:

And yes, I know about theocracy, I usually use it I was just wondering if there was any way to use something in conjunction with theocracy.:confused:

This is the stupidest post i've ever seen.

Agree:

Why? The pros outweigh the cons.

There are only two smalls cons: The inhabitants get :mad: if fighitng a leader of their religion (but the state rel :), temple :), cathedral :) more than makes up for this!), and the AP victory. As soon as you have a religion in one of your cities, you should spread it to the rest. There is no backside of the medal, other than maybe a spy bonus for people of the same religion. Like the AI cares, they do it anyway...

Top Bottom