foreign advisor

pat4

Believe it!!!
Hi!

I'm a new civ4 player and I'm confused by the foreign advisor. I only have i think five leaders on my foreign advisor screen I can't seem to talk to the other civs. Any help.

Did you do something that will piss them off?

No I don't mean they won't talk to me. I mean there is no option to talk to them.

Well you need to have contact with the other civs to talk to them too.

The HOF mod available here (check the HOF discussion board) has an exotic foreign advisor which is far better than the standard one, too.

I know I have contact with them because I'm at war with them. It's in the earth 1000ad scenario if that helps.

Are you playing Saladin because at the beginning of the game he is at war with everyone and so everyone is pissed at him and does not talk, play a few turns it will be find once they cool down

No im the holy roman empire, I can't talk to the vikings or the byzantine empire. I'm a good bit into the game 1600 I think.

But my people are pissed of that I'm at war with their religious brothers ( vikings ).

Waitamoment... the Vikings are not a civ? Then what does that Ragnar guy want from me?

Seriously, if their colour is black, they're barbarians, and don't count for the happiness of your subjects - you may say you're at war with them "by default". Vikings, however, do - although, if you're at war with them, it is entirely possible that they won't see your face for a while.

There not black though. Their blue and the byzantine empire is red ( i think ).

Waitamoment... the Vikings are not a civ? Then what does that Ragnar guy want from me?

hes playing the earth 1000's scenario
the vikings and byzantine are a minor civ can be at war and are faceless (cant contact) for all purposes they are barbarians but are more free than the barbs so they act like a civ

But my people are pissed of that I'm at war with their religious brothers ( vikings ).

its a minor civ and counts as a civ in the eyes of dipolomacy modifiers apparently

i hope this helps and not just a bunch of mindless drivel

Thanks guys,

Know I can be pissed of at whoever made this scenario. Most of my cities production is bruatal because of the war. Ahh well just have to destroy them.

hes playing the earth 1000's scenario
the vikings and byzantine are a minor civ can be at war and are faceless (cant contact) for all purposes they are barbarians but are more free than the barbs so they act like a civ

Ah. Thanks, I should have known; I never even attempt to play world maps. :blush:

Thanks guys,

Know I can be pissed of at whoever made this scenario. Most of my cities production is bruatal because of the war. Ahh well just have to destroy them.

Everything points in that direction as the way to go. All the faithful must be under the same roof, right? :lol:

Top Bottom