Lord Civius

Emperor
Strategy Academy
Foreign Affairs and Intel Office
Lord Civius (Senior Diplomat)

Positions available:
Ambassador to Spain-
Ambassador to Babylon-
Intel and Espionage Officers- Vandal Warlord (Dark Agent)

Turn 98 report on-

The Spanish
I started my first term as Senior Diplomat with a Convoy to our Rivals Capitals. First off to Madrid to meet with Hatshepsut......

...... She is cautious (+2) of us and is a little upset we will not accept her State Religion. We sat and ate some rice while discussing ways to help improve our relations. She told me of a skill called Masonry that would allow us to build things like walls for our cities and aqueducts to improve our cities health. I felt there were a few things she was hiding from me but I left it alone. Besides she was asking for our Knowledge of Horseback Riding or Alphabet and I told her to come see us when she had a little more to offer like Polytheism. We spent the rest of the day discussing things like the need to connect our Civilizations with a trade route and she kept pushing me on the benefits of our people having a State Religion. We discussed Lincoln a little and she said she was quite pleased with him (+4).
As I was leaving the Capital I was approached by a man in a dark cloak. He handed me a stack of writings on pigskins and I waited until I was back on Aretan soil to read them......
Spoiler :

Military Intel-

Madrid- Real-time (1) Archer (conscript), (1) Axeman (Combat 1)

Barcelona- As of 2 turns ago (1) Archer (conscript)

......At the bottom of the last page was a note from the cloaked man.
Please increase our Espionage on Hatty. Spain is much more of an enemy then our friend Lincoln.

The Babylonians-

After a short stay in Arkadia briefing the head honchos it was off to Babylon. I was greeted by Lincoln himself with open arms......

......Lincoln is pleased (+3) with us and is eager for us to adopt his State Religion and increase our growing relations. He too is offering us Masonry but the cost to us is too high. I was tempted to ask for it as a token of our friendship but that would violate protocol. I decided to add in my report that I think it would be a good idea for Antimedius to do so. He would not budge on discussing trading us Sailing, Ironworking or Mathematics. I asked him if he would offer us anything for our excess fish but he was not interested. We discussed Hatty before I left and Lincoln is very pleased (+6) with her, guess I shouldn't mention our intentions of wiping her off the map :) . On that note we ended our discussions as I was eager to return to my homeland. Like clockwork there was another cloaked man awaiting me outside the gates of Babylon....
Spoiler :

Atleast 2 Bowmen and 1 Axeman with combat 1.

.....Another note from our cloaked friends-
Military Intel is a little light on the Babylonians

Nice! :thumbsup:

Focus #1: Did you consider informing with our cloaked men how they feel about Lincoln's response to a potential Spanish war?

Focus #2: How would you feel about being accompanied by a military batallion on your next voyage to Babylon, to impress Lincoln, and to scout his lands?

Great job! Now...if only the other position holders would start getting themselves organized, hint, hint :)

I'll go with espionage officer, if permited.

Yes of course it is permitted Vandal. I will accept all Citizens regardless of Faction in this office. Incase you didn't know you are joining a dark and secret group. Take this cloak, Dark Agent Vandal, and head over to Madrid.

Nice! :thumbsup:

Focus #1: Did you consider informing with our cloaked men how they feel about Lincoln's response to a potential Spanish war?

My Dark Agent s have informed me that Lincoln does not like us enough. Seems the friendship between Lincoln and Hatty is solid and we must expect a possible alliance against us when we overthrow the Barbarian princess.

Focus #2: How would you feel about being accompanied by a military batallion on your next voyage to Babylon, to impress Lincoln, and to scout his lands?

Yes I will be requesting the Prochon Warband be sent to scout the lands. I will however be sending my most trusted dark agent, Vandal Warlord, once he returns from important business in Madrid.

Thank you all, this thread is rolling along nicely and should serve as an example for other areas.

FYI, Lord Civius, you must meet with Vandal Warlord, as I can not be seen directly speaking with him, now that he is the head of our dark agents...and ask him to come up with a new name...something more mysterious and awe-inspiring?

I have changed the title because the Master of Arms is now a part of the Strategy Academy. I like to try and keep confusion to a minimum.

Sorry Vandal it looks like war with Hatty is out for now so your mission has been cancelled. Return to Edorai and prepare to head for the Babylonian Territories. We need intel on Lincolns troop levels and strength. You will be accompanied by a division of soldiers though I am awaiting which unit it will be.

Lord Civius, please issue this communique to Vandal Warlord:

Go west and stalk the lady.

Yes, Vandal finish your business in Madrid. A HA unit will be departing for Babylonia tomorrow so catch up with them there.

If I may make a bold suggestion:

Our agents in foreign lands may be able to observe the fruits of this masonry that Hatshepsut and Lincoln extol. Maybe if they could sneak some sensitive records to us, we could avoid the laughable attempts at diplomatic extortion perpetrated by the Spanish and Babylonian leaders....

A have a dark agent code-named Sapphire deep within the high ranks of Babylon. Lincoln has taken a liking to her and trusts her with his personal thoughts. She has assured me that he desires a closer relationship with us. Let us simply ask him for this technology. If Diplomacy fails we can create a super-agent to steal these secrets.

Strategy Academy
Foreign Affairs and Intel Office
Sr. Diplomat- Lord Civius

Positions available:
  • Ambassador to Spain-
  • Ambassador to Babylon-
  • Intelligence Officers (Dark Agents)-
    Vandal Warlord- Chief of Spanish Operations
    Sapphire (NPC)- Chief of Babylonian Operations
    Dragano (NPC)- Spanish Ops

Turn 107 RP Report

Day of Dutchfires Coronation
The Dark Agents were hard at work within the crowds and riding the foreign dignitaries around in Bronze Chariots. Sedrik was a peaceful ruler and most people loved him both here and abroad. "What of this new King?", "The speed at which this succession has taken place scares me", "He is not the rightful Heir!" were all heard within the crowd as the citizenry discussed this historical day.

Agent Dragano was assigned to the Spanish Ambassador to Aretes' detail. The Amassador was accompanied by all of the Heirarchy of Spain. This would have been Vandals assignment but he was off in Madrid stirring up some international incidents no doubt :p .The more the men drank the more they talked. He kept hearing them speak of a city....It was not on any maps he'd seen.... it must be Babylonian, so he dismissed it. As the day wore down he accompanied the dignitaries back to Madrid where they spat on him as he dropped them off at a Royal Palace. Off to the local Alehouse to meet with Vandal and give him his report.

Vandal was upset he couldn't make it to back for the Coronation. He'd really liked that King whats his name,and really wasn't sure who would be succeeding him. Speaking of which, Dragano should be along shortly with his intel. He just sat back in the shadows awaiting his Jr Operative.

Dragano arrived just before dark and sat all the way in the back. Vandal saw him and took a seat facing the back wall. "I gotta keep myself incognito for a few days" he said. "Yes, I saw the Spanish gaurds on full alert, searching Chariots as they come and go." They spoke of the Coronation and of the recent days events. Vandal then brought up something he had heard rumors of. "A city did you say?, I heard the Spanish speaking of such a thing but I dismissed it." They left it at that for now and decided a little more investigating was needed before notifying Arete.

As the night grew darker the Dark Agents headed south of Arete. It had to be south, we have scouted the rest of Spain. They dared not take the road. Swimming across the River, crossing dense forests and scaling the coast was a Dark Agents specialty. As night was beginning to fade into light they saw smoke in the distance. Could it be? Had they found the hidden city ofSpain....................................

Good work, Lord Civius, may I suggest sending our scouts from Madrid to that new city, to check how well defended it is?

1 Archer, I moved the scout to the hill to see it. Don't think I broke any rules as he still had 2 movement left.

1 Archer, I moved the scout to the hill to see it. Don't think I broke any rules as he still had 2 movement left.

:eek: Moving a unit is an irreversible move, and as such considered as playing ahead. That's a big :nono:

I'll wait to hear what DaveShack has to say about this...

Top Bottom