Foreign Affairs Ministry-Term 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
i request temporary replacement of me as ambassador in apolytonia as i injured my hand and can not type as good as would be needed to fully work in my job... im sorry for the inconveniance.... i propose the original thread stays open but someone else is appointed "acting ambassador" and continues discussion and smalltalk there.

Originally posted by Octavian X
Why not start some discussion to change the law which you don't like? Just because we rejected them in the past doesn't mean we won't take them this time...

*hits Octavian with the COL* and cries:
'see, see? There is no logiv, NO LOGIC!!'
*goes and starts a discussion thread*

Originally posted by disorganizer
i request temporary replacement of me as ambassador in apolytonia as i injured my hand and can not type as good as would be needed to fully work in my job... im sorry for the inconveniance.... i propose the original thread stays open but someone else is appointed "acting ambassador" and continues discussion and smalltalk there.

Ehecatl comes back today. just wait till he goes online

Hello everybody! I'm back!!!

Thanks Raven1er for not burning the office down in my abscence ;) Now, what's this about the english? hehehe... lemme just download the game and have a look and make an informed opinion about everything (just got back yesterday night, sunburned and all!..Monty says hy) I'll have a report as soon as I finish writting it.

@ Disorganizer --- I agree with your proposal, who do you think is best suited for the job?

@ AMJ --- A deputy for the deputy?? the beurocracy we shall have.....

Ehecatl Atzin

PS Cave paintings in Baja California are wicked!!!!

Foreign Affairs Department Report

Well, a nice little mix of cultures this world is turning out to be :) So far there are the aztecs, the japanese, the british and of course, us:

Culture Position toward us
Aztecs ------------ Polite
Japan ------------ Annoyed
England ------------ Cautious

Culture Tech. Adavances we do not posses
Aztecs ------------ Iron working & Masonry
England ----------- Masonry, Alphabet & Misticism
Japan -------------- Masonry & the weel.

All nations think we are technologically backwards :( We musn't allow this to continue, please increase science spending!
Our peoples are mutually impresed by each others culture, weird, but true.
We have nothing to trade to anyone, without any resourses, techs or even maps, and no roads conecting our capitals, the only way we can attain these techs are either by research, goody huts or an invasion:

--- Research: without any gold in our hills, a despotic government and just two cities, increasing science spending is folly. We must direct our investigations towards a change in government.
--- Goody huts : let's just pray the aztecs haven't plundered the ones near our cities. We must increase our explorers, other cultures are coming to us instead of us finding them, we are at a disadvantage, they know where we are yet we do not know where they reside. If we are to attain success we must have knolledge of the world around us.
--- Invasion : unlikely, we have neither the military might nor the technological advantage to gain a victory in battle. We must play defensively, at least now, if we are even to consider a mlitary campaign in the near future.

With the information we have now, I would support added contacts with the aztecs, to secure our borders and fend off an attack, if for nothing else. I would sudgest fortifing a warrior somewhere in the lands sepparating our borders, a watch tower of sorts to see any troop activity if Monty decides to attack.
We need resourses, explore our world Madam Leader! so far we have sighted only spice and we do not yet control it.

Japan seems too agresive, i don't trust Tokugawa and we should deal with him carefully, try to discover the japanese homeland.

@ Raven1er --- Don't wait for me to come back, as acting Foreign Minister in my abstence you can decide on the issues affecting the Ministry :)

Ehecatl Atzin

Mr Foreign Affairs Minister SAH!

The Ministry of War would like to direct your attention to this poll proposal, as certain aspects of it come under your jurisdiction. Please look it over and make a post in that thread indicating whether or not you are willing to make this a joint Military/FA poll.

Thankyou for your time.

~Eklektikos
Fanatikan War Minister

Ehecatl, I agree. We do need to explore, and expand more than gearing up for war. We have a lot of room to grow, and so do the Aztecs and Japanese (apparently - dur to their distance from us). When we get iron, this might be one exception where we should trade valuble techs. Emperor and Deity levels are all about trading and shrewd diplomacy. If we don't trade now, even when we do get iron, we'll be left in the dust. I'd like FA, Trade, and Science to get together and discuss these trades. Each civ has a tech the other two don't have. I think once we research iron, we should try to trade with these nations. They will allow for the potential of other nations having iron in their borders, but iron is an early tech that all nations will have regardless if we trade within the next 20 turns or not. Plus, we can even see the iron resources when they appear, so if we do go to war, we should scout their lands, and pillage their roads.

As you might expect, I disagree with CT on this. I would favour administering a sound kicking to both the Aztecs and Japanese and then acquiring their technological advances via "gunboat diplomacy". I particularly oppose trading Iron Working to the Aztecs if we plan to declare war on them soon afterwards.

Originally posted by Eklektikos
As you might expect, I disagree with CT on this. I would favour administering a sound kicking to both the Aztecs and Japanese and then acquiring their technological advances via "gunboat diplomacy". I particularly oppose trading Iron Working to the Aztecs if we plan to declare war on them soon afterwards.

I agree. Let us secure our promised land. Then we can trade and open peaceful relations.

@ Eyrei & Eklektikos -- The aztecs already possess knoledge of iron and could very well be creating a small army since we do not know wether they have the ore in their lands. If one nation already has iron working they could very well trade it to another and thus we would loose the oportunity to cash in on that.
I agree with Chieftess, we could trade iron to the british for alphabet or mysticism, I would opose a trade with the japanese. Iron working, while a valuable asset to any civilization, will eventually be had by all. I would normally opose such a trade but under our current circumstances I see no other choice.
An invasion, while most preferable, is not something I believe we can win. At least with our current information and technology.
Remember, the aztecs are particulary expansive, if we do not grow now we might not have a chance later on. Or worse, some resourses that would have gone to us could end up in their hands.

Ehecatl Atzin

Ok, I didn't realise the Aztecs already had Iron Working. I guess that reduces my opposition to selling it to the English :)
However, I still think that our best move regarding the Aztecs is the early strike that I have proposed. The fact that they are so prone to rapid and aggressive expansion seems to me to be another compelling reason to break their back early on, before they have a chance to completely outgun us.

Yes, I aprove of the early strike, but let us have information first. I don not want to jump blindly into a war that could wipe us out. Monty doesn't offer peace when he's winning.

Ehecatl Atzin

I belive we should try to trade iron working for some of the monarcy goverment techs.

We should especially try for Writing, with a palace prebuild AFTER we expand a bit more.

Assuming the british don't get iron before we do, we can trade it for alphabet. If a pre-build up is an absolute necesity, I believe we could trade if for masonry, but that seems a very weak and pathetic trade to me.
So, we should try to trade iron to the british? do I smell a poll coming up?

Ehecatl Atzin

I think we can trade our iron for both techs. It's best (sometimes) to select our tech, and ask "What will you give for this?".

Right, but that's the best scenario we could have, well the best would be to recieve all 3 of their techs :D I'm going on a one tech each basis, just to not get our hopes up, but yes, that is a real posibility.

On an unrelated note:
Hear yeh!! hear yeh!! The Foreign Ministry is now accepting submitions to become Ambassadors to our neighbours, the unamed Civilization Game. No one responded to the last call and Leningrado didn't respond to my PM, if no submitions are cast by the next 48 hours I shall personally apoint an ambassador. Also, I am the acting ambassador to our friends in Apolyton until Disorganizer gets better. That is all!

Ehecatl Atzin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom